The Student Room Group

Would you get dental veneers?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by glassalice
Ewe. People do such horrible things to their teeth.

Probably best to leave them alone.
Reply 41
Original post by glassalice
Make sure you are getting proper veneers as opposed to crowns (the things that people fly over to turkey to get). The difference being they only take a couple of millimeters off the front of the tooth when fitting veneers.
When fitting crowns they file the whole tooth down to a peg. No reputable dentist would do this for cosmetic purposes.

Well, im flying to Turkey specifically to do that.
Reply 42
Original post by Mesopotamian.
It really depends on a number of factors such as when you had them done, material used, dentist skill, lab technician skill and a lot more other factors that are too complicated to discuss on a general student forum :tongue: I can't give a fixed number for that. Although people who choose to get them done voluntarily are usually wealthy enough to get implants, they'd never opt for dentures!

No clue who this Love Island guy is, but the message is, if you can avoid veneers, then do. Awful idea to ruin perfectly healthy teeth simply for aesthetics when there are much less invasive options available.

what are "less invasive" options?
Original post by Anumu
what are "less invasive" options?

This is something you need to discuss with your dentist. I’m not going to provide you with a free dental consultation online :lol:
Reply 44
Original post by Mesopotamian.
This is something you need to discuss with your dentist. I’m not going to provide you with a free dental consultation online :lol:

I think ill stick with my new pearly whites in Turkey, thanks anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest