Reply 180
Got my offer tday, definitely goin to Brum, I can't stop smiling. :smile:
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
skyler8
Got my offer tday, definitely goin to Brum, I can't stop smiling. :smile:

Well done what are you studying
So apart from me and Alexa, is anyone else attending the Psychology Open Day/Open Day in general next Wednesday? :smile:
Wow, I got an offer for Maths.. yay me hehe
I just attended an open day and was told that i should get an offer for geology not sure what yet
Jamsie_853
So apart from me and Alexa, is anyone else attending the Psychology Open Day/Open Day in general next Wednesday? :smile:

Yes i shall be attending:biggrin:
Reply 186
hey
im so excited got 2 offers in one day
chemical engineering AAB
Natural Science AAB
im soooooo happy lol any1 else applying for these subjects....
Reply 187
physics/astrophysics offer! :yep:
went to the applicant's day today! It was really good, if a little nervewracking, having to make conversation/friends with a room of total strangers. Still, I guess it's practice for when I actually go to uni haha. 95% sure Birmingham's going to be my firm now, just need to go and have a look around Manchester!
Ahhh, i wondered why there were so many people in green jumpers/people with parents running around.

Glad you had a good time :biggrin:
Reply 190
adarklingplain
went to the applicant's day today! It was really good, if a little nervewracking, having to make conversation/friends with a room of total strangers. Still, I guess it's practice for when I actually go to uni haha. 95% sure Birmingham's going to be my firm now, just need to go and have a look around Manchester!

glad you had a good time, what kind of things did you do?
x
Reply 191
Brum Brum Brum
Bumhole
Brum Brum Brum

Wow, good on you for getting five offers!
Is Brum your first choice?
alexa123
glad you had a good time, what kind of things did you do?
x

we all had to go and have a lecture for about 45 minutes on the department, and what the degree would involve, that kind of thing... which was actually really helpful. When I walked in the room though I found it quite funny how everyone was sitting one seat apart from each other :p: as nobody knew each other. Then we went into the atrium for some food, and everyone was kinda standing awkwardly for a bit, not knowing who to talk to, but we all sort of went into groups and made small talk for half an hour. Then we went on a campus tour for about an hour, and then we were taken back to meet our parents :smile: it was quite good, it made me get a better feel for the department anyway, so I'm glad I went!
Weird question Adarkling, is the food free? :smile:
Reply 195
adarklingplain
we all had to go and have a lecture for about 45 minutes on the department, and what the degree would involve, that kind of thing... which was actually really helpful. When I walked in the room though I found it quite funny how everyone was sitting one seat apart from each other :p: as nobody knew each other. Then we went into the atrium for some food, and everyone was kinda standing awkwardly for a bit, not knowing who to talk to, but we all sort of went into groups and made small talk for half an hour. Then we went on a campus tour for about an hour, and then we were taken back to meet our parents :smile: it was quite good, it made me get a better feel for the department anyway, so I'm glad I went!

ah sounds quite good, atleast they look you back to your parents too. I just have this vison of me being stuck in the middle of the campus lost because my map reading skills are awful :rolleyes:
Jamsie_853
Weird question Adarkling, is the food free? :smile:

haha yes, and it's actually quite nice, although predominantly vegetarian. I was quite impressed that they were handing out free bottles of diet coke, but I think I'm just easily amused...
Oh good! Thanks for that! :biggrin:
Oh no, i'm going to find it awkward being stuck with a bunch of strangers next Wednesday lol. I hate situations like that! :smile:
Went for a interview today for Chem Eng. It was really nice. We did a teambuilding game with other students, which was a great way to meet new people!

Latest

Trending

Trending