The Student Room Group

Changed University after approval

My student finance application was approved and I received my entitlement letter on the 22/08/23, I was expecting my first maintenance loan payment on 04/09/23, the same as my course start date (PGCE Secondary Chemistry)

However I changed my University using the online service on the same day (22/08/23), for the same course.

Currently my SFE application status is "processing application", but my "view your payments" says I am waiting for approval from my University.

I have been attending my course but I can't be officially enrolled because they are waiting for confirmation from SFE for my finances. However I am worried that SFE is also waiting for confirmation for my enrolment, creating a scenario where both SFE and my Uni are waiting for each other.

Additionally because of this I still have not received my maintenance loan for the reasons above.

What should I do?
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by arcticLD
My student finance application was approved and I received my entitlement letter on the 22/08/23, I was expecting my first maintenance loan payment on 04/09/23, the same as my course start date (PGCE Secondary Chemistry)

However I changed my University using the online service on the same day (22/08/23), for the same course.

Currently my SFE application status is "processing application", but my "view your payments" says I am waiting for approval from my University.

I have been attending my course but I can't be officially enrolled because they are waiting for confirmation from SFE for my finances. However I am worried that SFE is also waiting for confirmation for my enrolment, creating a scenario where both SFE and my Uni are waiting for each other.

Additionally because of this I still have not received my maintenance loan for the reasons above.

What should I do?

Hi there,

It takes 14 working days as an estimated timescale for this to update once we receive the changes.

Regarding your payment, your enrolment is a different process to your 'registration'. When you enrol that doesn't confirm your payments being released that just confirms your place at university. The university needs to release your payments by sending us 'confirmation of registration' which they do around the first day of your term. They should still be able to do this on their system even if it's not updated yet. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there,

It takes 14 working days as an estimated timescale for this to update once we receive the changes.

Regarding your payment, your enrolment is a different process to your 'registration'. When you enrol that doesn't confirm your payments being released that just confirms your place at university. The university needs to release your payments by sending us 'confirmation of registration' which they do around the first day of your term. They should still be able to do this on their system even if it's not updated yet. Thanks, Jason

Does this mean that I need to wait for my change of university to be processed, before I am able to receive my maintenance loan?

Or, does it mean that I am able to receive my maintenance loan before my change is processed, but not my tuition fees?

My previous university application was fully accepted and my expected payment date was the 04/09/23, but I am yet to receive it.

My course started on 04/09/2023 and I have attended every session so far.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by arcticLD
Does this mean that I need to wait for my change of university to be processed, before I am able to receive my maintenance loan?

Or, does it mean that I am able to receive my maintenance loan before my change is processed, but not my tuition fees?

My previous university application was fully accepted and my expected payment date was the 04/09/23, but I am yet to receive it.

My course started on 04/09/2023 and I have attended every session so far.

Hi there, Yes, the application will need to be Approved with the new details before any funding can be released. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending