The Student Room Group

Parents learning allowance

hi my baby was born on the 1/09/23 and my start date was I think 26/09/23 at uni. I already had my maintenance loan approved in may but I couldn’t apply for parents learning allowance until he was born which also took me while because hit was quite hectic after he was born. I sent off my application 5 weeks ago. I just wanted to ask if they backdate as I had my baby before I started so am I still eligible for the first term payment as it gets paid with the maintenance loan split in three every term.
Original post by Nelaaltintasova
hi my baby was born on the 1/09/23 and my start date was I think 26/09/23 at uni. I already had my maintenance loan approved in may but I couldn’t apply for parents learning allowance until he was born which also took me while because hit was quite hectic after he was born. I sent off my application 5 weeks ago. I just wanted to ask if they backdate as I had my baby before I started so am I still eligible for the first term payment as it gets paid with the maintenance loan split in three every term.

Hi there,

Yes once your application is approved we can backdate the money to you. Once approved you would receive any money you should have been paid by now in 5 working days.

Thanks, Drew

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending