The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Scroll to see replies

Heya guys! So ive been offered ABB at birmingham to do economics, but pretty sure i'll get ABC. Do you think they wud let me in any way? Economics, English Language and maths. ? xxx
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 581
princessred
Heya guys! So ive been offered ABB at birmingham to do economics, but pretty sure i'll get ABC. Do you think they wud let me in any way? Economics, English Language and maths. ? xxx

hey, what sort of extra curriculars did you do? did you do any work experience to get in?
thanks
Reply 582
f_bragoli
I'm excited for fresherssssss!!! I want to buy my ticket nowwww!!!

We have the same firm and insurance! :biggrin: Are you doing Italian and Spanish, or just one of them?
c0nfus3d
hey, what sort of extra curriculars did you do? did you do any work experience to get in?
thanks

Not really. I did work experience at asda clothes headquarters? I work as a lifeguard for the last year and a half, so i wrote about the business of that in my personal statement. Which i think overall was quite strong. But i got an E in Spanish at AS which i dropped so they may judge me on that? Please write back x
Reply 584
princessred

They still could. It just depends how many people get in on the day.
anyone in Msc. Construction management??
Reply 586
anyone else get an email?
Reply 587
Closer*
anyone else get an email?

yeah i got an email a couple of days ago with "admissions advice" is this the same email you got?
Reply 588
i need ABB for geography in september! not long til results day now...
Reply 589
hb9
yeah i got an email a couple of days ago with "admissions advice" is this the same email you got?

yerh i got dead excited! and then thought ah what if i need to use the second part of their advice of begging for my place lol
Reply 590
Closer*
yerh i got dead excited! and then thought ah what if i need to use the second part of their advice of begging for my place lol

haha :smile: what course are you doing?
Reply 591
hb9
haha :smile: what course are you doing?

Economics :smile: you?
I got that email :smile: lol.
Reply 593
Closer*
Economics :smile: you?

Geography.. Excited? :biggrin: haha
I'm doing joint honours Spanish and French, and my offer is ABB, i think i will get BBB, does anyone think i will still get in?

xx
Keep your fingers crossed. I need ABB for firm and BBB for insurance... I think I'll get BBD :frown::frown::frown:
pink_cait
Keep your fingers crossed. I need ABB for firm and BBB for insurance... I think I'll get BBD :frown::frown::frown:

Phoning at 0900 like me then?
Reply 597
blondie2008
I'm doing joint honours Spanish and French, and my offer is ABB, i think i will get BBB, does anyone think i will still get in?

xx

:five: I'm doing French & Russian :biggrin: no idea if they'll be lenient or not. 'Modern Languages' was in Extra if I remember rightly soo maybe? I don't know. good luck though! & good luck to everyone else! hopefully see you all in September :woo:
Reply 598
hb9
Geography.. Excited? :biggrin: haha

Trying not to get excited till i know its actually happening! though i did break my rule and buy some uni things a few days ago.. so scared i may have jinxed it! lol you?
Reply 599
Closer*
Trying not to get excited till i know its actually happening! though i did break my rule and buy some uni things a few days ago.. so scared i may have jinxed it! lol you?

haha yeah. i've already bought some stuff too but i decided it was ok because obviously i'll need that stuff wherever i end up. i'm kind of excited but just really hope i got in and i wish today would hurry up!!

Latest

Trending

Trending