The Student Room Group

A-level options?

Soon I have to apply to colleges and what courses I want to take, what are peoples thoughts on sociology, psychology and history. Also English lit and language?
Original post by jaz679i
Soon I have to apply to colleges and what courses I want to take, what are peoples thoughts on sociology, psychology and history. Also English lit and language?

i didnt take any of these subjects but this is what one heard from the guys in my year.
it really depends on what history modules your school is taking. apparently the russia module is really interesting, whilst the tudor module is boring af. (thats what i have heard anyway).
Literally everyone who took sociology in my year (and previous years) would drop it by year 13- its probably not worth taking it.
But, dont take my word for it. im sure a lot of people would disagree
Reply 2
Original post by perplexed turtle
i didnt take any of these subjects but this is what one heard from the guys in my year.
it really depends on what history modules your school is taking. apparently the russia module is really interesting, whilst the tudor module is boring af. (thats what i have heard anyway).
Literally everyone who took sociology in my year (and previous years) would drop it by year 13- its probably not worth taking it.
But, dont take my word for it. im sure a lot of people would disagree

ok thank you, I am interested in sociology but I would probably drop it by year 13 too, I dont know what modules they take at the college im going to but theres loads of content at GCSE so I imagine they'll be loads more content at a-level which I really can't be bothered with

Quick Reply

Latest