The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Yay, I just got an offer from Royal Holloway for Computer Science and Mathematics :biggrin: (ABC)

When I checked my emails today, and realised that the status of my application had changed, my heart was pounding.

When I realised I had a conditional offer I was shocked, but I am so happy and grateful. It seems that the university I am waiting for the most, is taking the longest - Im really anxious.
Yay!! I just got an unconditional for University of Edinburgh. It was only ever meant as an insurance... but it's good to know I've got something.

Even though Glasgow are getting back to EVERYONE but me! :frown: :P haha!

Anyone else had anything for a science course at Edinburgh?
Just got an offer from Manchester, BB :love: Over the moon :biggrin:
Just got an offer from Worcester which is my first choice. Sort of knew I would but it's a weight off my mind now :smile:
Got rejected from University of Reading yesterday. Wasn't planning on going there really but still gutted to get a rejection....I'm not really sure why :s-smilie: Makes me think all my other choices are going to think along the same lines and reject me as well....I have an offer from glasgow, and am now waiting on the three that i really want to go to...tense stuff. I'm predicted AAB so twas a bit of a shock to me...very confused.
ozzybird915
Got rejected from University of Reading yesterday. Wasn't planning on going there really but still gutted to get a rejection....I'm not really sure why :s-smilie: Makes me think all my other choices are going to think along the same lines and reject me as well....I have an offer from glasgow, and am now waiting on the three that i really want to go to...tense stuff. I'm predicted AAB so twas a bit of a shock to me...very confused.

aww, that sucks :frown: I wonder why you got rejected when your predicted grades are so high? maybe your PS wasn't focused to the course enough?
Reply 3306
Lincoln :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
and Bedfordshire :hmmmm2:

Although, I'm just waiting for UCLan, it was my first choice, now I'm thinking I'd prefer Lincoln. HELP!?
Reply 3307
BigBang09
Yay!! I just got an unconditional for University of Edinburgh. It was only ever meant as an insurance... but it's good to know I've got something.

Even though Glasgow are getting back to EVERYONE but me! :frown: :P haha!

Anyone else had anything for a science course at Edinburgh?

I had an offer for Chemistry with a year in industry back in November, its my insurance so it was nice to get that :smile:
Reply 3308
offer from warwick BBB :smile:
Offer from Uni of Aberdeen.

Pass Matura with overall average of marks in sixth stanine, including two written exams at extended level.
As for me... awesome...!
Got my first offer today for one of my top choices. From the university of Southampton for Fine Art at Winchester School of Art. Very Happy. :smile:

Conditional on completing my course. Which is BTEC national diploma in Fine Art.
Reply 3311
One of my best mates got an offer from Imperial yesterday to study MPhys Physics. :eek: i really didnt think he would get in; most people have AAAA at AS with a fair amount of A*s at GCSE.... he had AAAB at AS, was predicted AAAB, only got one A* at GCSE, PLUS was the only guy to turn up to interview in ordinary clothes and no suit or tie. Plus my two other friends who both applied, one for maths who took it a year early, got an A and has AAAA on top at AS, and he didnt even get interviewed. My other mate was for engineering, was predicted AAAAA in 5 strong traditional subjects, got an interview and was then rejected.

I am really pleased for him, but rreeeaaallly shocked. I dont think even he understands what an achievement it is.
+epic
One of my best mates got an offer from Imperial yesterday to study MPhys Physics. :eek: i really didnt think he would get in; most people have AAAA at AS with a fair amount of A*s at GCSE.... he had AAAB at AS, was predicted AAAB, only got one A* at GCSE, PLUS was the only guy to turn up to interview in ordinary clothes and no suit or tie. Plus my two other friends who both applied, one for maths who took it a year early, got an A and has AAAA on top at AS, and he didnt even get interviewed. My other mate was for engineering, was predicted AAAAA in 5 strong traditional subjects, got an interview and was then rejected.

I am really pleased for him, but rreeeaaallly shocked. I dont think even he understands what an achievement it is.

that is brilliant!! I hope the same sort of fluke happens for me and durham :s-smilie::s-smilie: im really not having much luck at the moment :frown:!
Got a letter from Winchester today (applied 15th Jan). Interview :biggrin:
Ahh so nervous, can't really mess this up as it's my only choice!
Has anyone else heard from glasgow for pharmacology or biochemistry?

I applied on 17th Decemeber and its the 1st of February tomorrow and ive not heard a thing from them.

Also not heard anything from other uni's either, its driving me mad!:s-smilie:
Reply 3315
I got my first offer today - Univ of Sheffield :smile: It's definitely not the place I'd like to study but still i'm soooo happy! (now only need to wait till march for the rest of answers probably)
Got an offer from Kings college for ABB in Computer Science! I applied on the last day [15th Jan] and they're the first uni to reply, and the best uni out of the 5 I applied for! I'm really happy, especially considering I had a predicted grade of B,D,C.
Rosamund123
aww, that sucks :frown: I wonder why you got rejected when your predicted grades are so high? maybe your PS wasn't focused to the course enough?

Well I came from Australia and did A Levels here, so I explained why I didn't have GCSE's etc....the said I wasn't studying a required subject for a BEGINNER'S course...I explained my circumstances and competancy in my statement, provided references from my old language teachers to prove competancy etc....wouldn't of thought just because of unusual circumstances they would say no *sighs* I don't know....fingers crossed the rest of my choices don't say exactly the same thinng or I'm going to Glasgow, as they've given me an offer so far!!!
ozzybird915
Well I came from Australia and did A Levels here, so I explained why I didn't have GCSE's etc....the said I wasn't studying a required subject for a BEGINNER'S course...I explained my circumstances and competancy in my statement, provided references from my old language teachers to prove competancy etc....wouldn't of thought just because of unusual circumstances they would say no *sighs* I don't know....fingers crossed the rest of my choices don't say exactly the same thinng or I'm going to Glasgow, as they've given me an offer so far!!!

that's so bad! they always saw on website that they take equivalents to A Levels and they will always look at exceptional circumstances... it's annoying when they actually don't.
Just got a conditional offer from Chester! 240 points and a C for English lang & lit.

Crikey.

Latest

Trending

Trending