The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Oxy
I had an offer for Chemistry with a year in industry back in November, its my insurance so it was nice to get that :smile:

Yeah, everyone I've spoken to seems to get their insurance back quicker haha!
But that's me got three unconditionals to Glasgow. Now I just need to decide which course I want to do :smile:
Rosamund123
that's so bad! they always saw on website that they take equivalents to A Levels and they will always look at exceptional circumstances... it's annoying when they actually don't.

I know! And it's not like my grades haven't demonstrated that I'm intelligent enough to do it...I'm predicted AAB for goodness sake! You said to say hey, if applying for a similiar course. I've applied for beginner's German..I did it for 3 years in high school and have taken the chance at uni to carry it on, so hey :smile:
exactly 8 weeks after my application was sent I have an unconditional for glasgow uni studying pharmacology!! Im delighted as this is my first choice
Reply 3323
Offer From strathclyde BBC MChem
has anyone had offers from exeter or sussex for english yet?

sent off application 14th jan, unconditional offer from uea 23rd jan and a rejection from cardiff on 2nd feb so far.
wooo i've got all my offers now, nottingham trent, leeds met, man met, brunel and aston!
an_end_has_a_start
wooo i've got all my offers now, nottingham trent, leeds met, man met, brunel and aston!

congratz :biggrin:

I got offers from DMU, NTU and Essex.
Still waiting for Hull (ack) and Brookes (nothing at all!) :eek3:
Yay! Offer for Law (advanced entry) at Edinburgh! :biggrin:
Got rejected from ST Andrews yesterday. Pretty gutted, and very surprised....think the absence of GCSE's is going against me. Wondering whether I should just thrown it all in and and go home to Australia for Uni. Good idea or no?
Just got an unconditional from Warwick for German. Going to keep that as my backup though got my UCL interview in a few days so hoping to get in there. YAY i'm happy now.
Got a conditional from Lancaster to do Law.

Conditional of obtaining AAA at A-level (what the ****!?!)

May I just point out this is a crazy process. I got BCD at AS level before re-takes and got predicted ABB. I applied to Lancaster because I thought that was their typical offer, but recently found out it was AAA.

Why would they want me there is
a) my AS levels were crap without a few re-takes
b) im not even predicted AAA, I'm predicted ABB.

Lord I am going to have to work so hard. And this is my 3rd choice. I should have done some more research!

xxx
(edited 10 years ago)
ozzybird915
Got rejected from ST Andrews yesterday. Pretty gutted, and very surprised....think the absence of GCSE's is going against me. Wondering whether I should just thrown it all in and and go home to Australia for Uni. Good idea or no?

I don't think its the absense of GCSE's. I'm applying from Poland and no one here has them and they are getting normal offers from universities. I would rather think that your PS might have been somehow unfocused. Sorry to hear that, though!

Best of luck!
Reply 3332
Surrey - Politics - BBB.

5/5 now.
^^ :cheers:
Reply 3334
Cheers to that!
Received all my decisions now... 3 offers, 2 rejections. Got offers from Exeter, Aberdeen and Kent. Rejected from LSE and Edinburgh. Bit disappointed by the rejections, but oh well. Really hoped to go to LSE. At least that means I get to go somewhere :P (That is as long as I pass IB :P )
1 more decision now and I'm getting impatient! I really want an interview and then an offer from York St John!!!
Reply 3337
KCL Law (m100) unconditional!
Got offers from Derby and Bolton. Just waiting for Roehampton now...
I haven't had an offer since november, GETTING IMPATIENT.

i'm blaming the snow for no offers this week, ugh.

Latest

Trending

Trending