The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

C'moooooooooooooooon RoHo :frown: stop ignoring me :frown:
Reply 1641
srana
Sigh, I sent mine off a month ago today, and still nothing. Grrr. Grrr. Grrr!

Oh well. Back to Futurama I go.

Ditto... 4 weeks on the dot!
And my friend who applied a week ago has 3 offers and 1 rejection already... oh the injustice! :p:
Reply 1642
elwoodc
And my friend who applied a week ago has 3 offers and 1 rejection already... oh the injustice! :p:

oh i will join you with the lack of offers...i suppose its better than rejections at least!
lili_220
oh i will join you with the lack of offers...i suppose its better than rejections at least!

am joining you too 4 weeks and 4 days...:frown:
lili_220

Frustrating as hell! I need some sign of life from a university, something to say that they want me... an offer.
Reply 1645
wackylinduzz
am joining you too 4 weeks and 4 days...:frown:

nooo you're not allowed to join with 2 offers of interview!!! that's something!!! :p:
elwoodc
nooo you're not allowed to join with 2 offers of interview!!! that's something!!! :p:

but i want OFFERS!!!!!!!!... i mean just cos am EU i had to fill in this fee assesment form for nottigham n so they are gnn take ages before givin me a reply and other ppls been gettin offers from them :frown: ..so i hv the right to join...:yep:
Clementine_x
i got an offer to do psychology at kent on saturday :smile:, i need to get AAB. They offered me higher than the standard offer though which is ABB. Does anyone know any reason why they might have done this? :s-smilie:

Probably means they have had a lot of applicants (high demand) and but supply is the same so the offers are higher. It is exactly the same principle as lots of people wanting a loaf of bread when there is only the usual amount - the price will go up.

It could also be that they perhaps didn't like something on your application, i.e. they may not have liked your personal statement so gave you a higher offer. Don't take this personally, I'm just giving you a possible reason. :yep:
Reply 1648
elwoodc

Amen to that ..... 4 weeks tommorow and still zilch .... in the offers
And then friends who apply after me get 2 offers a piece ... One for Cardiff :s-smilie:

I don't like this anymore :frown:
It's 4 weeks for me too and still zero in the bag.:frown:
Reply 1650
marilyn_fan
When did they say they were holding your application? I haven't got one of those:s-smilie: was it a letter or an email? It's weird if they haven't sent me one yet but they haven't rejected me either..

A letter came on... Friday? Possible Thursday. My application was sent on the 6th October though.
Oh dear UCL has been giving out interview thingies already? I'm so worried :frown: I have heard nothing yet!!! T__T
AisAis
A letter came on... Friday? Possible Thursday. My application was sent on the 6th October though.

Ah right ok thanks. I sent off my application a few days after that so they might not have looked at it yet. I just need to be patient I guess.
Reply 1653
90me90
Anyone with offers for mechanical engineering anywhere except from Southampton? According to the discussions above, it does not seem like a very popular course... Oh well, I suppose the mechanical engineering department in every university is a bit slow. They're afterall scientists (and rationalists) who have to consider and reconsider every possible outcome before deciding on a final solution. Or maybe they're just mentally educating us with this "quality of patience" that is essential for all kinds of engineering... Whatever it might be, I hope I get another offer soon :yep:

hah, your post made me laugh. Ive applied for mech engineering to Bristol, Loughborough, exeter and Sussex. All have acknowledged (via email or letter) and sussex have given me an unconditional offer (im on a gap year and have already done my a levels). really want an offer from exeter tho. Otherwise yeah, tbh, i havent seen many people with offers for engineering yet (apart from engineering and management). Dont know why theyre being so slow? I like your theory tho :wink:
Reply 1654
Anyone had any offers for engineering? I've had one from sussex, but not exeter yet which is where i really want to go...
Reply 1655
Manchester offer for Politics and Sociology - ABB :smile:
has anybody had a bristol offer yet or knows when they will tell us? I really want one!!!!
Reply 1657
when does warwick start handing out offers? for accounting and finance
Reply 1658
Echolife
It's 4 weeks for me too and still zero in the bag.:frown:

I waited for about 5-6 weeks, so I bet you're going to hear something soon. :smile:
Reply 1659
ellie_flower
has anybody had a bristol offer yet or knows when they will tell us? I really want one!!!!

apparently bristol don't get back to you until quite late - that's what I've heard anyway.

but that's only a generalisation, obviously people get offers earlier so they could reply at any time :smile: I'm applying for bristol too, for philosophy :smile:

do you have like a ridiculous ratio of applicants per places too for your subject? lol

Latest

Trending

Trending