Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok don't laugh at me... i've just ver really had to use this bit of emailing and kinda just ignored it...

what does Bcc and Cc mean? :o:

which one is that i put in the email of the person who doesn't want to be seen by all the other people?

thanx :p:

ReputationRep:
    carbon copy and blind carbon copy. i think it's a throwback to the days of typewriters.

bcc

ReputationRep:
    ooh i see

lol thanx

ReputationRep:
    You want BCC for people who you don't want to be seen by the other people.

Everyone can see who you put in CC

ReputationRep:
    Carbon copy is usually used to copy other people into the email, whom the email doesn't directly involve. So it might be you're emailing someone to tell them something and CC in your boss to show you've done it.

Blind carbon copy is used to copy other people into the email in secret. BCC doesn't show up to the other recipients so it's a little sly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Touche)
    it's a little sly.
    It has a rather less devious usage too. If you want to send an email to many recipients, but don't wish to betray private email addresses to all and sundry, you can just email it to yourself and BCC everyone else. This is regularly used by those that run sports clubs and other such organisations.

ReputationRep:
    that's what i meant good bloke...
    cos i don't like it when people forward things to everyone and then random people add me

so i thought i'd bcc everyone from now...just didn't know which one it was i had to use

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.