The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Grades

I have been offered a place within reading with an offer of bcc yet i don’t think I’ll meet one of these grades. Based on mocks I’m looking at A* C D , and am fearful of rejection, would I still be considered for an offer if this were to be the case ?
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Rosemc
I have been offered a place within reading with an offer of bcc yet i don’t think I’ll meet one of these grades. Based on mocks I’m looking at A* C D , and am fearful of rejection, would I still be considered for an offer if this were to be the case ?

It depends on how many people actually meet their offer grades on results day. If, once those places have been confirmed, there is still space on the course the they might confirm the places of "near miss" candidates (which you would be, with those grades). Alternatively, they might prefer to open the course to Clearing applicants in the hope of getting students with better grades.

No one can predict how many students will meet their offer grades, and therefore whether "near miss" candidates might be considered.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by Rosemc

Hi @Rosemc,

Sorry to hear you're feeling worried about this - it's a perfectly normal position to be in! As @DataVenia said, it's difficult to predict before results day, as we don't know how people are going to perform either! My best advice to you would be to knuckle down and try your best to keep revising your weaker areas and topping up the knowledge of the ones you're confident in. If possible, talk to your teachers about practising past papers and getting them to mark them/work through them with you - this way you'll be more familiar with the format of exams so you're able to predict what might come up and feel more relaxed on the day! If you're super worried though, you can always contact our admissions team for more advice via telephone: +44 (0) 118 378 8372 or email: [email protected].

Best of luck with exams and please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help!
Kath :smile:
3rd Year History Undergraduate
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending