Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm needing a little help on doing the higher english writing NAB.

I've decided on writing a discursive essay about Graffiti: Art or Vandalism?

I've done some research on each side of the argument but I'm finding it hard to divide it in to main points. Like how should I split it? What should the main points be? Argh! It's my first time writing a discursive for english since standard grade, and then I wasn't even great anyways:shifty: I think its the stucture and content thats confusing me the most about this!

I should've picked a short story or reflective (although I really hate them)

Can anybody help me please? Obviously not do the essay, but outline a structure or something or a rough guide to write a general higher essay

ReputationRep:
    This is the way I laid mine out;

Introduction
    First point (1 pro & 1 con)
    Second point (1 pro & 1 con)
    Third point (1 pro & 1 con)
    etc
    Conclusion

To get the 'discussion' started I quoted a few controversial lines from the Bible in my introduction then went on to introduce the actual topic. Each time I took a new paragraph I tried to link it on from the paragraph before it to make it flow better. In my conclusion I gave my opinion on the topic which was gained from the points raised before in my essay.

Thats just a few small things I did for my NAB essay. I've yet to sit the actual NAB but my teachers corrected it and gave me a B so a definite pass. Hope this helps you a little.

Also, have a read through these two websites it may help you out a little more:
    -http://writing-services.org/blog/200...essay-writing/
    -http://www.wikihow.com/Write-an-Essay
    Good luck

ReputationRep:
    try idebate.org

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for replies, I think my problem is that its just not organised enough!

Gonna sort through all the notes I have and try and group them in to points.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.