The Student Room Group

I dont understand Chrmistry A level

So I’m in year 12 and i started A level chem a few months ago. I started off really enjoying it and even understanding it! However, that quickly died out after two or three months because now, i despise it and i just dont get it. I got an A*/8 at gcse and all of a sudden i feel like i dont understand anything to do with chemistry. Exam questions just make no sense to me, especially the applied ones to do with maths. I’m doing A level maths so i know that the maths itself isnt the issue, more the wording of the questions. I’m really struggling and I’m not sure how to study effectively. Please help. It’s too late to drop it and i need it for university :frown:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
I was on the same boat as you but with much practice and much help, I've fallen in love with chemistry. the way I did it was I read the textbook page by page, anything I didn't understand I searched in google or asked here on TSR. I wouldn't move onto the next page until I understood the first one. I revised chapter by chapter. once I understood the chapter I did questions on that chapter. questions are good because they show if you understand or not and also show you where u went wrong. every question I got wrong I researched or asked why it was wrong.

chemistry relies heavily on knowing the basics, make sure you've brushed up on your GCSE knowledge. also don't feel disheartened as many of the members on TSR knows and have seen I come on here daily and ask questions when I don't understand something and everyone is so helpful. don't give up there are plenty of resources I can recommend "the organic chemistry tutor, khan academy, chem guide and snaprevise" :smile:

best of luck <3
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by TrES2b
I was on the same boat as you but with much practice and much help, I've fallen in love with chemistry. the way I did it was I read the textbook page by page, anything I didn't understand I searched in google or asked here on TSR. I wouldn't move onto the next page until I understood the first one. I revised chapter by chapter. once I understood the chapter I did questions on that chapter. questions are good because they show if you understand or not and also show you where u went wrong. every question I got wrong I researched or asked why it was wrong.

chemistry relies heavily on knowing the basics, make sure you've brushed up on your GCSE knowledge. also don't feel disheartened as many of the members on TSR knows and have seen I come on here daily and ask questions when I don't understand something and everyone is so helpful. don't give up there are plenty of resources I can recommend "the organic chemistry tutor, khan academy, chem guide and snaprevise" :smile:

best of luck <3

Thank you so much, I’ll definitely try those websites and these techniques <3
Reply 3
Original post by Reanna.xxx
Thank you so much, I’ll definitely try those websites and these techniques <3

you're welcome always feel free to ask on here and know you're not alone :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest