The Student Room Group

Should I Resit? A*A*A*B

I got into my firm (lse) to study econ despite ironically getting a B in the A level so i should feel grateful but i just dont understand how i can get A*s in maths fm and chem whilst getting a b in econ. I feel inclined to resit to maintain my streak but im not sure. What do you think?
Original post by Seayv2
I got into my firm (lse) to study econ despite ironically getting a B in the A level so i should feel grateful but i just dont understand how i can get A*s in maths fm and chem whilst getting a b in econ. I feel inclined to resit to maintain my streak but im not sure. What do you think?

If you’ve got in then I don’t think there’s any point really
Reply 2
Original post by Teribblestudent
If you’ve got in then I don’t think there’s any point really

My ego i dont think i can live the rest of my life knnowing i underperfomed like that
Reply 3
Original post by Seayv2
My ego i dont think i can live the rest of my life knnowing i underperfomed like that

A B is a good grade, but I can understand being disappointed if you're used to doing better. I can guarantee it will feel much less significant once you've moved onto your next step.

Resitting while at uni is unlikely to work and would cause both sets of grades to suffer (both from the workload, but also from uni exams clashing with A level exams - you'd have no choice but to miss one). Is it really worth either giving up your LSE place or jeopardising your uni results for a redundant 4th A level that won't matter once you have a degree?

As an aside, I'd recommend you recalibrate what you see as "underperforming" and work past the attachment to your "streak", or you're going to have a miserable time at uni. Speaking as someone on a course that requires 3A*s, we have a lot of people coming in used to getting 100% in everything, and the ones who can't adjust to the idea of 70% being good really struggle to cope (as every grade feels like negative feedback even if it's objectively very good).

Quick Reply

Latest