The Student Room Group

Abortion

Please no hate but has any young female been through an abortion?
I personally haven't but a very close friend of mine has...why?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I personally haven't but a very close friend of mine has...why?

Did she have to have someone over 18 with her through out?
Did she have to have someone over 18 with her through out?

She was over 18 at the time but I'm pretty sure even if you're younger they don't need someone over 18 there - they will however want you to have someone with you to take you home if possible, but a friend can do this (this is what I did for my friend because she didn't want to tell her parents)
Reply 4
She was over 18 at the time but I'm pretty sure even if you're younger they don't need someone over 18 there - they will however want you to have someone with you to take you home if possible, but a friend can do this (this is what I did for my friend because she didn't want to tell her parents)

I’m going to call a centre tomorrow.
I don’t have anyone who I want to tell, that includes getting them to take me home. I’m 16. I have no one to speak to. Do you think they’d let me get a taxi?
I’m going to call a centre tomorrow.
I don’t have anyone who I want to tell, that includes getting them to take me home. I’m 16. I have no one to speak to. Do you think they’d let me get a taxi?

They'll probably try and persuade you to bring someone and you'll have to check with them to know for sure if you can go alone, but I imagine they'll help you regardless

Is there nobody you can talk to, even if just to share it with someone? Even if you're 100% sure about your decision it's still a lot to go through and you shouldn't have to carry all of that alone (honestly feel free to PM me if you just want to talk to a random person)

Good luck x
Hey , I understand exactly what you're going through as I have recently been through it myself . Honestly I know it might feel like the last thing in the world you'd want to do but it helps so much i f you can tell one person so they can be there to support you throughout the process but it's also totally fine if you cant . Centres such as BUPAS NUPAS and MSI are all excellent services which offer councillors you can talk to at anytime during the process and a 24 hour helpline you can call . It's all strictly confidential so you don't need to tell anyone and they can't tell anyone it's all your decision . So don't worry, I wish you well and if you have any other questions about what the whole process is like just ask and I can help with some advice :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous450
Hey , I understand exactly what you're going through as I have recently been through it myself . Honestly I know it might feel like the last thing in the world you'd want to do but it helps so much i f you can tell one person so they can be there to support you throughout the process but it's also totally fine if you cant . Centres such as BUPAS NUPAS and MSI are all excellent services which offer councillors you can talk to at anytime during the process and a 24 hour helpline you can call . It's all strictly confidential so you don't need to tell anyone and they can't tell anyone it's all your decision . So don't worry, I wish you well and if you have any other questions about what the whole process is like just ask and I can help with some advice :smile:

I do not know anyone 18 or over that I trust enough to come with me :frown:
Please tell me that they would still let me go ahead with it? I cannot keep this baby.
I do not know anyone 18 or over that I trust enough to come with me :frown:
Please tell me that they would still let me go ahead with it? I cannot keep this baby.

Hey if you are 16 or over you can go ahead with it on your own and they won't inform anyone of your decision unless they think you're at risk from the questions they ask x
The same goes if you're under 16 too you can still go ahead with your decision and they legally cannot tell anyone unless they think you're in danger , they might encourage you to tell someone but just say you would rather no one know and it will be fine , all your decision :smile: x
Original post by Anonymous450
The same goes if you're under 16 too you can still go ahead with your decision and they legally cannot tell anyone unless they think you're in danger , they might encourage you to tell someone but just say you would rather no one know and it will be fine , all your decision :smile: x

I’m just sooo confused. Online it’s saying I need to as I will be sleepy and because of the possible side effects? :frown:
I’ll have to ring them tomorrow but I cannot tell a single soul and I just know it’s the right thing to do. I will even try to get a taxi home if I can’t get public transport but I really can’t bring anyone with me :frown:
I’m just sooo confused. Online it’s saying I need to as I will be sleepy and because of the possible side effects? :frown:
I’ll have to ring them tomorrow but I cannot tell a single soul and I just know it’s the right thing to do. I will even try to get a taxi home if I can’t get public transport but I really can’t bring anyone with me :frown:

it's different for every person but I'm 16 and my experience I had a call with a nurse she made sure I was okay , they called me in I h ad an ultrasound to see how far along I was , I was 5 weeks so they offered me a medical abortion with tablets you can have this type of abortion up until 12 weeks . I took one tablet there and it didn't give me any side effects, the first tablet doesn't do anything to you side effects wise just blocks hormones to stop baby growing n then i walked home . I think they will most likely send you home to take the tablets at home as that's what they did to me . They sent me home with 4 tablets to take myself , some painkillers and instructions . you have to leave a 24 -48 hour gap between the 1 st pill You take there and the 4 pills u get sent home with . You only get effects once you take the 4 tablets that they send you home with . which is like cramping bleeding etc but it's bearable if you take an ibuprofen or 2 about an hour before u take the 4 tablets they give you . You will be fine please don't worry too much I know there's so many stories online which make it sound so much more scary but honestly it's not as bad as you think :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest