The Student Room Group

LLM at UCL - Written work ideas

Hello everyone,

I am thinking about applying to UCL to study an LLM in law. Part of the application requires me to submit a 750 word piece of written work on a legal topic. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who has done this as part of their LLM application and if anyone has any idea of the nature of topics that I could think about exploring?

Thanks
Original post by caug
Hello everyone,

I am thinking about applying to UCL to study an LLM in law. Part of the application requires me to submit a 750 word piece of written work on a legal topic. I was wondering if there was anyone out there who has done this as part of their LLM application and if anyone has any idea of the nature of topics that I could think about exploring?

Thanks

a mate who applied just used one of his essays from his UG as his starting point. he had to cut out a bunch of material but it was otherwise fine. i don't think that you should start researching and writing a topic from scratch
Original post by EU Yakov
a mate who applied just used one of his essays from his UG as his starting point. he had to cut out a bunch of material but it was otherwise fine. i don't think that you should start researching and writing a topic from scratch

did your friend get in? I see they screen them through a plagiarism checker.
Hi, a bit late to the party here but would love to know if you got in in the end, and what you did your written piece on? I've got a place for the September 2023 start and wondering who else got a place as haven't heard anything about an offer holders chat or similar?
Reply 4
Original post by ollieslawstudies
Hi, a bit late to the party here but would love to know if you got in in the end, and what you did your written piece on? I've got a place for the September 2023 start and wondering who else got a place as haven't heard anything about an offer holders chat or similar?

Hey!!!

Did you get in ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending