The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Do I stand a chance at Imperial?

My predicted grades are A*A*A*A* in physics, maths, chemistry and biology. I want to study physics at uni. Do you think I have some chances of getting accepted? I go to a community school in the Middle East and we don’t have any extracurricular activities here whatsoever, due to lack of funding and a bunch of other things.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Yes, apply if you want to go there. You have the necessary grades.
Extra-curricular activities mentioned in your personal statement don't matter much. What matters in your personal statement is why you chose the subject and how you express your interest in it.
The start of first year might be more difficult because you don't have further maths, but by the end of first year there isn't really any difference between people who did and people who didn't do further maths.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Sinnoh
Extra-curricular activities mentioned in your personal statement don't matter much. What matters in your personal statement is why you chose the subject and how you express your interest in it.
The start of first year might be more difficult because you don't have further maths, but by the end of first year there isn't really any difference between people who did and people who didn't do further maths.

Thank you for your reply! I would rather have studied further maths than biology but again, my school doesn’t offer it haha. I’ll definitely apply, thank you again :smile:
Original post by Sinnoh

I’m sorry for reviving this thread, but just wanted to update (and thank) you; I got into Imperial for theoretical physics!
Reply 4
Original post by Aloe Striata
I’m sorry for reviving this thread, but just wanted to update (and thank) you; I got into Imperial for theoretical physics!

Congrats :biggrin:
Original post by Sinnoh
Congrats :biggrin:

Thank you (:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending