The Student Room Group

Just trying to cover my bases before results day

Hii, ok so I've just finished my a levels this week. Just in case I need to resit a subject (and I might have mitigating circumstances but I am still verifying that), are my chances slim for applying to unis like KCL and UCL or even Imperial? I have seen their websites, they are open to retakes for my programme, the only difference is that they will make a higher offer which makes perfect sense to me. So, would I stand a chance or not?

Thank you!
Reply 1
Email them and ask them.
Original post by pigeonwarrior
Hii, ok so I've just finished my a levels this week. Just in case I need to resit a subject (and I might have mitigating circumstances but I am still verifying that), are my chances slim for applying to unis like KCL and UCL or even Imperial? I have seen their websites, they are open to retakes for my programme, the only difference is that they will make a higher offer which makes perfect sense to me. So, would I stand a chance or not?

Thank you!

These universities tend to be massively over subscribed. Your chances will be slim,
Original post by pigeonwarrior

Thank you!

if they say they're open to retakes then they're open to retakes.
I'm not sure why you think random people on TSR would have more insight than their own websites?

You have 5 choices - those 3 are generally over-subscribed due to their location so it's a good idea to do some serious research into some alternatives that you'd like to go to that are less over-subscribed to make up your other 2 choices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending