The Student Room Group

Gcse History advice

I’m in Year 9 and I have got our topic list for AQA GCSE HISTORY so PARER 1 is about understanding the modern world, America:redface:pportunity/ inequality 1920-1973 and Conflict and Tension: The interwar years 1919-1939. PAPER 2 is about shaping the nation, Health and the people:1000 to the present day and Elizabethan England 1568-1603. Can someone help me on telling me what to do now as I’m kind of free but want to achieve grade 8s or 9s can someone tell me websites and study resources too as I’m kind of new to this.
(edited 3 years ago)
Although I'm not doing AQA History, I have been doing OCR History for 3 years so I can recommend some general study resources that helped me. One revision tool I find particularly useful for achieving high grades are past papers and past paper questions- you can usually find lots of them online,or if you want some questions relating to what you're currently studying I would recommend asking your teacher. However this is more for revising in the future when you have actually started your course, if you haven't started your course yet and just want to get ahead learning the knowledge, I would recommend using any revision guides you have available and the internet (I find Bitesize particularly good as well as Youtube videos) .
As for what to do now, I honestly wouldn't worry that much about studying the content before starting the topics properly, even if you're aiming for grade 9's. I would recommend just focussing on relaxing as much as you can whilst you can and if you really want to do any extra work, only doing enough to get a basic understanding of your courses.
Reply 2
Original post by nope12345
Although I'm not doing AQA History, I have been doing OCR History for 3 years so I can recommend some general study resources that helped me. One revision tool I find particularly useful for achieving high grades are past papers and past paper questions- you can usually find lots of them online,or if you want some questions relating to what you're currently studying I would recommend asking your teacher. However this is more for revising in the future when you have actually started your course, if you haven't started your course yet and just want to get ahead learning the knowledge, I would recommend using any revision guides you have available and the internet (I find Bitesize particularly good as well as Youtube videos) .
As for what to do now, I honestly wouldn't worry that much about studying the content before starting the topics properly, even if you're aiming for grade 9's. I would recommend just focussing on relaxing as much as you can whilst you can and if you really want to do any extra work, only doing enough to get a basic understanding of your courses.

ok thanks
Reply 3
Original post by og-icon
I’m in Year 9 and I have got our topic list for AQA GCSE HISTORY so PARER 1 is about understanding the modern world, America:redface:pportunity/ inequality 1920-1973 and Conflict and Tension: The interwar years 1919-1939. PAPER 2 is about shaping the nation, Health and the people:1000 to the present day and Elizabethan England 1568-1603. Can someone help me on telling me what to do now as I’m kind of free but want to achieve grade 8s or 9s can someone tell me websites and study resources too as I’m kind of new to this.

AQA GCSE History Revision Guides:

conflict and tension:
https://www.pearsonschoolsandfecolle...-rg-and-wb.pdf

democracy and dictatorship:

America, expansion and consolidation:

Quick Reply

Latest