The Student Room Group

Cardinal Vaughan Memorial School (CVMS)

Hey!

Has anyone else applied to Cardinal Vaughan? (Based in London)

If so have you been accepted or rejected yet? My latest email was stating that they'd be releasing the results between now and around the 26th
Reply 1
Yeah, I got my conditional offer
Idk if this reply is any use to you now
Hope you got in :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by CoffeeT
Yeah, I got my conditional offer
Idk if this reply is any use to you now
Hope you got in :smile:

Because I wasn't an internal applicant and didn't have a sibling as a past pupil I lost to the tie break but I'm on the wait list to get a space if someone declines their offer
Reply 3
Original post by Jamesastr
Because I wasn't an internal applicant and didn't have a sibling as a past pupil I lost to the tie break but I'm on the wait list to get a space if someone declines their offer

Hi I can't reply in PMs because I haven't interacted enough on TSR but
to answer your questions:
- I applied for course 4 (5 a-levels)
- I am an external applicant and have no siblings currently/previously in the school

Hope this helps :gthumb:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Thanks so much for the detailed responses! Working with them to get a placement on GCSE Results Day.
Hoping to see you in September 🤞
Reply 5
With CVMS, if you have no siblings you must apply for 5 A-Levels (which you can drop once you get in) otherwise they don’t accept you. The 4 A-Levels option is literally just for those with siblings.
Reply 6
Original post by umyesok
With CVMS, if you have no siblings you must apply for 5 A-Levels (which you can drop once you get in) otherwise they don’t accept you. The 4 A-Levels option is literally just for those with siblings.

Yeah I realised that after applying, I'm really hoping to get a spot on Results Day (If someone declines their acceptance) or I'll have to really push myself in the next two months to hit the requirements for the 5 A-Levels option.
Reply 7
Yeah I realised that after applying, I'm really hoping to get a spot on Results Day (If someone declines their acceptance) or I'll have to really push myself in the next two months to hit the requirements for the 5 A-Levels option.

Good luck! I went there for sixth form and many of my friends got in on Results Day! Also, CVMS is lowkey on the same level as many other sixth forms, they’re just gassed with good grades bc they’re strict on making sure that students do well in year 12 exams otherwise they are forced to leave or retake the year so that the overall A Level grades are good.
Reply 8
Hey!

Thanks so much for the detailed response, if you don't mind can I ask a few questions?

1) Which category did you apply and successfully get in by - 4/5 Subjects.
2) Which categories did your friends get in on results day
3) Did you have siblings already at the school?

Thanks for answering, CVMS Is currently my first choice since I could walk there and be at school within 5 minutes and they offer the courses I want so its the perfect school, I've also emailed and spoke to Mr Bell & Miss Whelan so I could get a more detailed response into how the waiting list works and the chances that I get in via results day / a waiting list.

Thanks.
Reply 9
Hey!

Thanks so much for the detailed response, if you don't mind can I ask a few questions?

1) Which category did you apply and successfully get in by - 4/5 Subjects.
2) Which categories did your friends get in on results day
3) Did you have siblings already at the school?

Thanks for answering, CVMS Is currently my first choice since I could walk there and be at school within 5 minutes and they offer the courses I want so its the perfect school, I've also emailed and spoke to Mr Bell & Miss Whelan so I could get a more detailed response into how the waiting list works and the chances that I get in via results day / a waiting list.

Thanks.

You’re welcome, I’m happy to help!

1) I applied and successfully got in for the 4 A Levels category.
2) Most of the people who got in on Results Day applied for the 5 A-Level course as the CVMS boys usually take up lots of the 4 A Level places, along with siblings who are unlikely to reject their place. However, there were definitely some who got in for the 4 A Level courses. - Even some who were still on the waiting list that randomly got in a week or two after the school year started.
*** I think this 4/5 system is such a joke bc literally on the first week ppl are dropping and swapping subjects left right and centre so it’s all just pointless and deceptive. ***
3) Yes, luckily I had brothers in the lower school (which is why I got a place for 4 subjects).
Xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending