The Student Room Group

How do I make my room and workspace aesthetic?

I am moving soon and am finally getting my own room. I have been thinking of cheap furnitures and ideas to declutter my desk and make my room aesthetic, comfortable and simple. Is there any storage ideas (that is cheap) or any ways to make my room look nice and comfortable? It’s very small so I need to be mindful. Can I ask the lard lord to buy me some desired furniture? Any tips? I’m on a budget so any advice would be useful.
Reply 1
Hi,

Have you chosen a colour theme? You can buy cheap storage boxes for B&M or homebargains. I think fairy lights on the wall help with aesthetic. And for comfort you can look for plain or simple patterened pillows or throws (look for cheap ones in like B&M and such). Maybe DIY somethings if you want, i find that fun
Reply 2
Original post by JasB01
Hi,

Have you chosen a colour theme? You can buy cheap storage boxes for B&M or homebargains. I think fairy lights on the wall help with aesthetic. And for comfort you can look for plain or simple patterened pillows or throws (look for cheap ones in like B&M and such). Maybe DIY somethings if you want, i find that fun

I want my room to have pastel colours, those colours comfort me. Thank you! But due to COVID, I’m not sure how I’ll get those sadly :/
Reply 3
Original post by iamtee
I want my room to have pastel colours, those colours comfort me. Thank you! But due to COVID, I’m not sure how I’ll get those sadly :/

Aww pretty!! You can find paint in some larger B&M stores (Or so i've heard, I was hoping to paint my bedroom too but not sure what colours to go for). You cold check online (i remember seeing on instagram somewhere; a store that sells powdered paint which you just mix with water and you can get it delivered to your house. Cant remember the name of it sorry but im sure you can find it if you search around)
Reply 4
If the room already has furniture, the landlord won't buy replacements or want to move it out as storage costs. If it's missing basics and depending on your contract he could buy, but it won't necessarily be what you want; it's got to do for other people in future.
Reply 5
Original post by JasB01
Aww pretty!! You can find paint in some larger B&M stores (Or so i've heard, I was hoping to paint my bedroom too but not sure what colours to go for). You cold check online (i remember seeing on instagram somewhere; a store that sells powdered paint which you just mix with water and you can get it delivered to your house. Cant remember the name of it sorry but im sure you can find it if you search around)

I can’t paint it since we’re renting, but thank you for suggestions I’ll probably paint my headboard of the bed perhaps! And I’ll probably make collages of pastel coloured images and add fairy lights, I’m so excited to decorate my bedroom !
Reply 6
Original post by Surnia
If the room already has furniture, the landlord won't buy replacements or want to move it out as storage costs. If it's missing basics and depending on your contract he could buy, but it won't necessarily be what you want; it's got to do for other people in future.

Ah okay, thanks. At the moment, it’s missing some necessities so I’ll probably just get those. I just need to storage like small cupboards and shelves for my books and stuff
Reply 7
Original post by iamtee
I can’t paint it since we’re renting, but thank you for suggestions I’ll probably paint my headboard of the bed perhaps! And I’ll probably make collages of pastel coloured images and add fairy lights, I’m so excited to decorate my bedroom !

Ahh right. What about adding art to your walls. Maybe you can paint stuff youself, like abstract pieces using pastel colours. And if you cant nail stuff to the wall maybe you can find them sticky picture hanging strips?

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest