The Student Room Group

PGCE Primary 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Oh good luck to all you guys out there!!! I just wanted to know did anyone select the salaried route into teaching? or is university led better?
Original post by ramneek
Oh good luck to all you guys out there!!! I just wanted to know did anyone select the salaried route into teaching? or is university led better?

I was recommended stay away as it has a lot of work and it’s very difficult doing degree/full time job basically
Hi i switched from a salaried route to university led, due to the funding for salaried changing. I think with a salaried route you are only going to see one teachers influence over teaching methods. Where as at university you will be taught multiple ways in which you can be a teacher and still get that in school experience
Reply 23
Hi all :smile:

I'm also heading to Durham in September for my PGCE!
Reply 24
Original post by Beff95
I applied for Sheffield Hallam, Durham and Newcastle.

Had an interview for Sheffield Hallam and Durham, both were quite chill! And got an offer of an interview for Newcastle but had heard back that I had been offered a place at Durham, so I’ll be starting my PGCE there in September!

Good luck everyone!

I accepted my offer to study my PGCE Primary in September at Durham! So excited and relieved. Congratulations 🥳
Original post by Woodm99
I accepted my offer to study my PGCE Primary in September at Durham! So excited and relieved. Congratulations 🥳

Join the chat on fb!
Original post by LJHK
Hi all :smile:

I'm also heading to Durham in September for my PGCE!

Join the group chat on fb!
Hi, I’m looking to apply for the PGCE and I’m looking into Newman University - when is the deadline ? And do you have to apply via UCAS?
Reply 28
Original post by Bethanyisard
Hi, I’m looking to apply for the PGCE and I’m looking into Newman University - when is the deadline ? And do you have to apply via UCAS?

Not too sure about dates but you can apply now! Yes, apply via UCAS Teacher Training.
I’d start by looking on the Get Into Teaching website: https://getintoteaching.education.gov.uk
I registered and it’s really straightforward: they assign you a teacher training advisor (a qualified teacher with experience of applying through these routes) who then help you through the application process. They support you with UCAS, references, personal statement and choices.

Good luck and hope you find it stress free 😀😀
I’ve just got a conditional offer to study my primary PGCE at Durham this September!! So excited, congrats to all you guys ☺️

I don’t think there is a specific deadline. If you are only applying to Newman then you can apply direct to the Uni via their website. That’s what I did and I had an interview a week later. Just waiting to hear back now

You can apply through UCAS adding other choices and also through the Newman university website.

I am a Newman University PGCE (3-7 years) student. If you do have any questions you can contact me through Unibuddy https://www.newman.ac.uk/study/chat-to-our-students/ (Aarif)
Original post by Luciya Varghese
Hi..does overseas candidates can stayback for 2 years in uk after completing pgce course? I am an applicant from India.

hey did you apply for pgce? have been wondering if anyone from India has actually applied for this course.
Original post by Sithara Issac
hey did you apply for pgce? have been wondering if anyone from India has actually applied for this course.

Hi, unfortunately, we are unable to offer places to international applicants. However, other universities may be able to support you under a student visa. If you visit www.ucas.com you will be able to see a list of universities. I'm sorry we cannot help, but I wish you luck finding a suitable course elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending