The Student Room Group

Deadline for teaching Jobs?

When applying for teaching jobs if there is no deadline time, is there a time schools would expect them to be in by? Most specify a time like 9am/12pm, but some just state the date.
Original post by travelling_world
When applying for teaching jobs if there is no deadline time, is there a time schools would expect them to be in by? Most specify a time like 9am/12pm, but some just state the date.

If it just states "by February 25th" or similar, then I would take that to mean they want to receive it before Feb 25th (in other words, by 23:59 on Feb 24th).
Original post by bluebeetle
If it just states "by February 25th" or similar, then I would take that to mean they want to receive it before Feb 25th (in other words, by 23:59 on Feb 24th).

It just says "closing date: 28th February 2021"
What country? What subject you teaching?
I work in school recruitment - if they haven't specified a time, get it in before 5pm. However, don't leave it until the last minute? Submit the day before at least.
Original post by blink_blackpink
What country? What subject you teaching?

UK
It just says "closing date: 28th February 2021"

That's a bit more unclear. I would submit it the day before just to be on the safe side, no reason to risk it not being looked at after you've spent time on the application.
UK

Where you from originally? Are you European?
Original post by blink_blackpink
Where you from originally? Are you European?

Not sure what that has to do with my question
Original post by popsewini
I work in school recruitment - if they haven't specified a time, get it in before 5pm. However, don't leave it until the last minute? Submit the day before at least.

Thanks for the information.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending