The Student Room Group

deadline for submitting the UCAS

What is the deadline for submitting the UCAS application?
(edited 3 months ago)
31st of Jan
Reply 2
Original post by tekremm
When is the last dat of the Ucas aplication?

The Equal Consideration Deadline is the 31st of January. After this point, Unis may not look at your application equally, compared with those who have applied before the deadline. There's still Extra and Clearing though.
If you’re applying through a centre (using a buzzword) then you must pay and submit as early as possible so they have time to add your reference and then send it on to UCAS.
If you wait until the 31st then your centre won’t have time and your application will be late - even sending to your centre today is very risky and many centres will not meet the deadline.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
If you’re applying through a centre (using a buzzword) then you must pay and submit as early as possible so they have time to add your reference and then send it on to UCAS.
If you wait until the 31st then your centre won’t have time and your application will be late - even sending to your centre today is very risky and many centres will not meet the deadline.

I'm applying through a centre but will probably be finished with my side of the application on sunday or monday. I emailed my school if they could start writing the reference early but they haven't responded. I haven't paid yet of course. Worried that we won't make the date.
Reply 5
Original post by NightCap
Original post by PQ

I'm applying through a centre but will probably be finished with my side of the application on sunday or monday. I emailed my school if they could start writing the reference early but they haven't responded. I haven't paid yet of course. Worried that we won't make the date.

There's a very real chance you might not make the deadline. Obviously the people writing the reference tend to have other, more pressing commitments (like teaching/marking for example). Make sure you pay and send ASAP.
Reply 6
Original post by mesub

There's a very real chance you might not make the deadline. Obviously the people writing the reference tend to have other, more pressing commitments (like teaching/marking for example). Make sure you pay and send ASAP.

can we submit without reference then send it in later individually to universities? in case it's too late
(edited 3 months ago)
can we submit without reference then send it in later individually to universities? in case it's too late

You should check with each of your universities directly if they will agree to this. Many will. Some won’t.

If you’re considering doing this then RING each of your universities on MONDAY MORNING.
don’t forget to ask for and make a note of the full name of the person you spoke to and their job title (it’s amazing how asking for this information and making it clear you’re writing it down will improve the quality of the responses you’re given).
Reply 9
Original post by PQ
You should check with each of your universities directly if they will agree to this. Many will. Some won’t.

If you’re considering doing this then RING each of your universities on MONDAY MORNING.
don’t forget to ask for and make a note of the full name of the person you spoke to and their job title (it’s amazing how asking for this information and making it clear you’re writing it down will improve the quality of the responses you’re given).

So my referee has said "I have added in your reference from last year" as I'm retaking. I thought the way references were organised was changed but they must know what they're doing and have adjusted it to fit. I have some "reasons" for why I didn't do well and don't know if I should request for them to be added (?).
Reply 10
If they're mitigating circumstances then there's a section in the new style reference for that to be added. What I would say though is don't do anything that will delay your application further. You really should be aiming for the Jan 31st deadline.
More important to get the app in on time and then add mitigating circumstances later.
Reply 12
Original post by Admit-One
More important to get the app in on time and then add mitigating circumstances later.

How would you add it later?
How would you add it later?

Either get referee to email it directly to your uni choices or follow whatever process for mit circs they detail on their website.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending