The Student Room Group

Cheap high quality film cameras for portfolio?

Im currently starting my portfolio for September and wanted to start making a show reel. Does anyone know any cheap yet good quality film cameras? I don’t know much about lenses either so if there’s anything i need to know lmk!

Im buying tripods and lighting equipment separately all i need rlly is the camera
You thinking used slr from back when film was the only game in town?
Original post by Joinedup
You thinking used slr from back when film was the only game in town?

I was thinking more dslr but I’ve also wanted a film (photography) camera for a while too so if you know any thatd be great!
Original post by keeportt
I was thinking more dslr but I’ve also wanted a film (photography) camera for a while too so if you know any thatd be great!

Title said film.

The one I know about is the olympus Om 10. They were good quality cameras back in the day, the OM 10 was pretty basic. Generally the posher olympus cameras had lower numbers.

It's probably going to be surprisingly manual but it had a nice aperture priority auto exposure system... You set the aperture you want which controls the depth of field and the Camera picks the shutter speed which is displayed in the viewfinder.

Should be lots of well looked after om10s on the second hand market, there were hugely popular cameras while they were in production. Lots of people still seem to be using them and chatting on forums.

50mm is 'standard' focal length for 35mm film cameras. Shorter than 50mm is 'wide angle' Olympus OM cameras take lenses compatible with OM lens system, several companies made compatible lenses, zuiko was the olympus own brand.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending