Original post by Dp_O
Me :0
I'm in B1 wbu?

I’m in B2 so the floor above :smile:
Reply 141
Original post by _lfc_annie_
I’m in B2 so the floor above :smile:

Awesome, see you in 5 months, :crossedf:
I was wondering if anyone else has booked a room in the Endcliffe crescent flats?
how do you apply for accommodation?

my muse account page doesn't look like the one in the promo video and I can't see anywhere that gives the option to start applying.

I accepted my offer yesterday and my status in muse is that It has been accepted so it clearly has updated somewhat.
Did people who have applied for accommodation have to wait a while after accepting the offer to be able to book accommodation?
Reply 144
Original post by MossPiglet
I was wondering if anyone else has booked a room in the Endcliffe crescent flats?

yes! I'm in flat 26, wbu?
Reply 145
Original post by Merriewoodcock
how do you apply for accommodation?

my muse account page doesn't look like the one in the promo video and I can't see anywhere that gives the option to start applying.

I accepted my offer yesterday and my status in muse is that It has been accepted so it clearly has updated somewhat.
Did people who have applied for accommodation have to wait a while after accepting the offer to be able to book accommodation?

Mine interchanged between it looking like an ad for accomodation, and one that said book accomodation. I firmed on thur and worked today, so give it about 72hrs (exc. weekends). It will say login failed before then if you click on it
Original post by jezzoo
yes! I'm in flat 26, wbu?

Brilliant! I'm in flat 14 so see you in a few months then.
Original post by jezzoo
Mine interchanged between it looking like an ad for accomodation, and one that said book accomodation. I firmed on thur and worked today, so give it about 72hrs (exc. weekends). It will say login failed before then if you click on it

thank you very much :smile:
does anyone know whether the current accommodation options are the only ones that are left or will Sheffield upload more?

Thanks
Reply 149
Original post by Merriewoodcock
does anyone know whether the current accommodation options are the only ones that are left or will Sheffield upload more?

Thanks

They make more available gradually so it's fair for those who can't firm yet, but I don't know how many rooms they open up each time. I'm assuming they have plenty though even through preferences
is there a group chat

anyone know of any group chats for people firming sheffield?...

...does anyone know any group chats for medicine at Sheffield or for froggat specifically?

Reminder of TSR rules:

Off site social media group chats are not allowed anywhere on TSR, including via PMs.

This is for your protection as we don't know who makes them, and who joins them. Some of you are under 18.

Please do not ask, mention or advertise them in the forum; or attempt to take discussion off our forum.

This thread is your group chat.

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)
Hiya. Does anyone know how much of the sheffield course consists of problem based learning through ILAs? How often do you have ILA sessions? Would be great if someone could help :smile:
Reply 152
Original post by Charcoal1338
Hiya. Does anyone know how much of the sheffield course consists of problem based learning through ILAs? How often do you have ILA sessions? Would be great if someone could help :smile:

There's a 1h ILA once every 2 weeks, you also have to prepare for it beforehand and do a short quiz on the content from it after. I wouldn't say it's a massive part of the course but it is useful for consolidating knowledge :smile:
Original post by Charcoal1338

As said, not a huge amount. In first year there is one every 2 weeks and in second year there is only 6 of them (3 before Christmas and 3 after). I don't know about 3rd year onward though
Great, thanks guys!
does anyone know about contact hours/free time? or if anyone has a first or second year timetable to share? :smile:
Reply 156
Original post by ellsbells03
does anyone know about contact hours/free time? or if anyone has a first or second year timetable to share? :smile:

First year:
mornings- start 9am and have between 1 and 4 hours of lectures
afternoons- the more interactive stuff like anatomy, ILAs, GP sessions, these are between 1 and 3 hours. Usually at least 2 afternoons are free for independent work
evenings- basically free but very rarely a group session for Community Attachment scheme as this is with a doctor who works all day. Also occasional optional revision sessions with older students (which are useful & I recommend attending if u can)
independent work- preparing for afternoon sessions, assignments (SSCs), histology practicals and catching up on missed work.
I hope this helps, I'm gonna try and find a weeks timetable too. If anything needs clarifying or there's something I've mentioned that u haven't heard of before, just let me know and ill explain :smile:
Original post by ellsbells03

2nd year 3.PNG
This is one of my more busy weeks in second year - lots of lectures, a GP session, and one of my clinical skills exams. The prescribing task is a self directed task that gets released on the thursday and then the answers get released on fridays - it's not 2 sessions.

2nd year 2.PNG
This is more typical for second year.

Other things that you will have are microbiology practicals which I think are normally in person (they were online for us) and they are usually every 2 or 3 weeks.
There is a lot more independent learning in second year. You have lots of diseases you need to learn about but only some of them will have lectures and the lectures definitely don't go into enough detail so my mornings usually were filled with independent learning. You also need to prepare for the ILA and GP sessions
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by M gH
First year:
mornings- start 9am and have between 1 and 4 hours of lectures
afternoons- the more interactive stuff like anatomy, ILAs, GP sessions, these are between 1 and 3 hours. Usually at least 2 afternoons are free for independent work
evenings- basically free but very rarely a group session for Community Attachment scheme as this is with a doctor who works all day. Also occasional optional revision sessions with older students (which are useful & I recommend attending if u can)
independent work- preparing for afternoon sessions, assignments (SSCs), histology practicals and catching up on missed work.
I hope this helps, I'm gonna try and find a weeks timetable too. If anything needs clarifying or there's something I've mentioned that u haven't heard of before, just let me know and ill explain :smile:

Original post by Emily5243
2nd year 3.PNG
This is one of my more busy weeks in second year - lots of lectures, a GP session, and one of my clinical skills exams. The prescribing task is a self directed task that gets released on the thursday and then the answers get released on fridays - it's not 2 sessions.

2nd year 2.PNG
This is more typical for second year.

Other things that you will have are microbiology practicals which I think are normally in person (they were online for us) and they are usually every 2 or 3 weeks.
There is a lot more independent learning in second year. You have lots of diseases you need to learn about but only some of them will have lectures and the lectures definitely don't go into enough detail so my mornings usually were filled with independent learning. You also need to prepare for the ILA and GP sessions

thank you !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending