The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What year they allocated less than 50? I just checked the 2018-2020 stats and they allocated 82, 50 and 75 respectively. No need to make **** up if you don’t know. Hoping we get any info by the next week or so max
We do not have dates or any further information at this time. Reserve list applicants will be notified via email when we have further information.” - UKFPO email reply

They sound pretty clueless as to when they’ll start
i'm sorry but this is getting really ridiculous (from the UKFPO part). isn't it their responsibility to AT LEAST have a date as to when the allocation is gonna start? ???????????????????? in the application guideline book they said late April-early May which is pretty much the clearest clarification on the dates we've had had so far.
Original post by Anonymous
i'm sorry but this is getting really ridiculous (from the UKFPO part). isn't it their responsibility to AT LEAST have a date as to when the allocation is gonna start? ???????????????????? in the application guideline book they said late April-early May which is pretty much the clearest clarification on the dates we've had had so far.

exactly. this is shockingly bad
The communication could be a lot better. I’m so fed up at this point
The rate at which withdrawals happen is not within the control of the UKFP, hence they can't give dates around when there will be enough withdrawals to warrant a reserve list allocation. The number of people on the reserve list doesn't make the withdrawals happen any quicker, several medical schools have delayed finals this year because of covid disruption, again outside of the control of the UKFP. Given these facts, what further communication would be helpful at this point?
Will transparency will be something they gotta work on. Can’t just leave us drowning in deep waters and expect us to be happy about it
Exactly. The whole process lacks transparency

Will transparency will be something they gotta work on. Can’t just leave us drowning in deep waters and expect us to be happy about it
Original post by Smile88egc
The rate at which withdrawals happen is not within the control of the UKFP, hence they can't give dates around when there will be enough withdrawals to warrant a reserve list allocation. The number of people on the reserve list doesn't make the withdrawals happen any quicker, several medical schools have delayed finals this year because of covid disruption, again outside of the control of the UKFP. Given these facts, what further communication would be helpful at this point?

but they can't leave us in the dark either. without constant emailing from us they wouldn't have bothered to send us an email which pretty much said nothing, but still, it's an email. they could send us an email saying the withdrawals aren't enough? or saying they are working with deaneries to create more post??? at least that gives us reassurance that something IS happening and not just the UKFPO waiting for kids to withdraw their applications.
I can completely understand that they don’t have all the answers but we’re not asking for that anyway. We were told initially that batch allocations will run April onwards so we should get some more clarity at least. Maybe like how many withdrawals need to happen before they can run a batch allocation, how many they’re at right now and what happens if there aren’t enough withdrawals? Correct me if I’m wrong but I feel like this is info that can be shared, right?
I can completely understand that they don’t have all the answers but we’re not asking for that anyway. We were told initially that batch allocations will run April onwards so we should get some more clarity at least. Maybe like how many withdrawals need to happen before they can run a batch allocation, how many they’re at right now and what happens if there aren’t enough withdrawals? Correct me if I’m wrong but I feel like this is info that can be shared, right?

Don't you think constantly messaging us about how many people are withdrawing, where spaces have become available and the number of positions available will also cause panic for other people down the list?
Has anybody heard anything?
Original post by annonymous1984
Don't you think constantly messaging us about how many people are withdrawing, where spaces have become available and the number of positions available will also cause panic for other people down the list?

I don’t expect regular updates more like an update every 2 weeks maybe.
Has anybody heard anything?

"We are unable to provide a date at this time. Please review the Information for Reserve List Applicants on this page: https://foundationprogramme.nhs.uk/resources/2-year-foundation-programme-documents/."

That's what i got today :frown:
Original post by anon_10495
"We are unable to provide a date at this time. Please review the Information for Reserve List Applicants on this page: https://foundationprogramme.nhs.uk/resources/2-year-foundation-programme-documents/."

That's what i got today :frown:

So basically nothing....lol
Someone at my medschool (UK) said it isn’t looking like we will hear anything next week. (subjective statement based on his experience, not officially from UKFP)

Lets just hope they’re being slow in order to release bigger batches so we get more options...
I have a question about the entire ranking thing. Are we being ranked based off what we picked before or do we rank the jobs available?
I guess all we can do is just wait and see. Hopefully this delay would result in a big allocation batch and take in as much as they can.
I have a question about the entire ranking thing. Are we being ranked based off what we picked before or do we rank the jobs available?

From the way it worked last year, we will be ranked based on our previous preferences for UoA, then we get to rank the jobs available within.
All will work out hopefully, I am losing sleep and literally losing brain cells by the day but I am trying to be hopeful. We will get through this. Daily words of affirmation

Latest

Trending

Trending