The Student Room Group

Border Force Officer October 2021

This thread is for anyone who has applied for Border Force Officer closing date October 2021.

I’m just waiting to hear if I have passed the application sift.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Where did you apply for? Also waiting to hear if I’ve made the sift 🤞
Reply 2
Original post by jessrb1
Where did you apply for? Also waiting to hear if I’ve made the sift 🤞

Just Manchester
Reply 3
Also in for this campaign, applied for Gatwick - readiness task force. Scored pretty good on my civil service tests - 46% above average on the first and 96% above average on the second. Hopefully, my personal statement was up to scratch!

Confused as hell regarding salaries, was listed as 25k + up to 49% shift allowance (have heard for the RTF it is 48.6%) but then saw 27k on a PDF which was including AHA. But 48% of 25k would bump it up to 37k.... :dontknow:. Hopefully someone is more knowledgable about salaries and can enlighten me!
Reply 4
AHA is on top of the basic advertised. Obviously it various at different airports/Ports I don’t know too much about the RTF!
Original post by Runner1708
This thread is for anyone who has applied for Border Force Officer closing date October 2021.

I’m just waiting to hear if I have passed the application sift.

Nvm, I found the thread. Thanks anyway
Reply 6
I applied for South East, has anyone heard anything yet? Mine still states 'application received '.
Original post by BrandyD
I applied for South East, has anyone heard anything yet? Mine still states 'application received '.

Nope, nothing
Reply 8
No nothing yet
Reply 9
No one will hear till at least Monday. It stated on the PDF attached to the job that shortlisting isn’t until 31st October, Interviews to commence week of the 1st November.

But to be honest reading the other threads, I don’t think we are hearing anything for a long time. Still people waiting for jobs years after applying…
Original post by SEGuy
No one will hear till at least Monday. It stated on the PDF attached to the job that shortlisting isn’t until 31st October, Interviews to commence week of the 1st November.

But to be honest reading the other threads, I don’t think we are hearing anything for a long time. Still people waiting for jobs years after applying…

We'll see, but yeah I was thinking Monday too if we're lucky
Original post by SEGuy

Yes it’s an appalling recruitment process. I’ve been trying since 2018 and was even successful to then be told sorry no jobs 🙈😂 god knows why I’m putting myself through it again but not one for giving up 😂
Hi all,I’ve also applied and not heard anything either. The PDF stated interviews would commence on 1st November and we would have five days to complete the interview.

Has anyone else applied for Cardiff or Bristol ?

What’s everyone’s current employment? I’m currently a PC with a military background.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by James9103
Hi all,I’ve also applied and not heard anything either. The PDF stated interviews would commence on 1st November and we would have five days to complete the interview. What’s everyone’s current employment?I’m currently a PC with a military background.

I’m a PCSO also been a PC. Been with the Police 15 years now
Reply 14
To the two police lads - why are you jacking in the job?

I know it’s at an all time level of **** but surely this is no better and worse pay!
I could start a thread on reasons why I’m considering leaving the job.
In a nutshell, I’ve been assaulted too many times in the last year, mainly down to low Officer numbers, which are getting lower. There’s more to life than this job and money. Border force may not be much better, but i don’t see me ending up in hospital, constantly finishing late and spending my days off doing assignments for a degree. That’s in a nutshell, I could go on for pages 😂
In a nutshell, I’ve been assaulted too many times in the last year, mainly down to low Officer numbers, which are getting lower. There’s more to life than this job and money. Border force may not be much better, but i don’t see me ending up in hospital, constantly finishing late and spending my days off doing assignments for a degree. That’s in a nutshell, I could go on for pages 😂

Sorry to hear that mate, but understandable. I recently heard the story of a guy in the US who did the same thing. He left his police department to join CBP (Customs and Border Protection) and he loves it. Pretty much left the police for the same reasons that you've stated

Lol same. Many reasons I went back to my old role of PCSO 10 years ago! Unless you are in it no one really understands. I’m just stuck now and need a change. Also the powers that be are putting more and more on us as no cops. No thanks!
Original post by Megatitans101
Sorry to hear that mate, but understandable. I recently heard the story of a guy in the US who did the same thing. He left his police department to join CBP (Customs and Border Protection) and he loves it. Pretty much left the police for the same reasons that you've stated

You would be surprised how many cops are resigning. I’ve never known anything like it. It’s quite worrying really
Original post by Runner1708
You would be surprised how many cops are resigning. I’ve never known anything like it. It’s quite worrying really

Yeah I can imagine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending