The Student Room Group

HO Compliance Caseworker HMRC

Hey all,

Let me just say that I know that there have been plenty of threads on this, but they are old threads and have a lot of same information.

Bit of back story, graduated Law School in 2017 but decided to take a break from law and went into logistics, over last 3 and a bit years I managed to build a career within the industry.
But I lately I've been finding myself on thoughts that I don't like this industry anymore as it changed drastically.

So when I came across the compliance caseworker role I instantly liked the description as it seemed challenging and I would have to learn a completely new industry.

I applied in beginning of October, did the 3 tests and tail end of November got an invite to a interview (video interview due to covid).
The interview is beginning on December, so few weeks away. I got sent the judgement questions that I should prepare on.

But, I'd like to find out peoples experience who interviewed for the role, is doing the job, any tips?

Basically I find myself on thoughts that I really, really want the job and don't want to make any stupid mistakes that would harm the interview process.

Thank You 👌🏾

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AKleins
Hey all,

Let me just say that I know that there have been plenty of threads on this, but they are old threads and have a lot of same information.

Bit of back story, graduated Law School in 2017 but decided to take a break from law and went into logistics, over last 3 and a bit years I managed to build a career within the industry.
But I lately I've been finding myself on thoughts that I don't like this industry anymore as it changed drastically.

So when I came across the compliance caseworker role I instantly liked the description as it seemed challenging and I would have to learn a completely new industry.

I applied in beginning of October, did the 3 tests and tail end of November got an invite to a interview (video interview due to covid).
The interview is beginning on December, so few weeks away. I got sent the judgement questions that I should prepare on.

But, I'd like to find out peoples experience who interviewed for the role, is doing the job, any tips?

Basically I find myself on thoughts that I really, really want the job and don't want to make any stupid mistakes that would harm the interview process.

Thank You 👌🏾

Hi,

Which part of the department is it in?

I'm currently a HO caseworker so could possibly answer some questions.
Reply 2
Original post by tsp2021applicant
Hi,

Which part of the department is it in?

I'm currently a HO caseworker so could possibly answer some questions.

Hi,

it's for campings and projects in Leeds.
From what I managed to find, I am really keen on it.

Just seems like a lot of people that apply get put into the talent pool and stay there.

Cheers
Reply 3
Hey

How did the interview go OP?

I applied for the same role. Had interview last week and got an email to say I was successful at interview.
Reply 4
Original post by Sc0382
Hey

I applied for the same role. Had interview last week and got an email to say I was successful at interview.

Hi,

Interview went actually well, actually got some good scores. But, got placed into the reserve list and now they requested my proof of ID to update my application, so hopefully there will be some progress.

That's great, how did you find the video interview? Were you made the job offer or placed into the reserve list?
Reply 5
Thats great to hear! A positive point about that means you're not under pressure to choose whether you want to continue in on in your current field or move on.

Well I felt my interview didnt go too well but somehow successfully passed!
The email I received didn't mention anything about a reserve list but they have asked for my identification documents.
I'm not sure if they will place me on a reserve list after receiving the documents?

The email reads:

'Before a conditional offer can be made you need to email all of the identification you provided during your recent interview'.

I really want to leave my current employer asap so I'm hoping its not the reserve list
Reply 6
Original post by Sc0382
Thats great to hear! A positive point about that means you're not under pressure to choose whether you want to continue in on in your current field or move on.

Well I felt my interview didnt go too well but somehow successfully passed!
The email I received didn't mention anything about a reserve list but they have asked for my identification documents.
I'm not sure if they will place me on a reserve list after receiving the documents?

The email reads:

'Before a conditional offer can be made you need to email all of the identification you provided during your recent interview'.

I really want to leave my current employer asap so I'm hoping its not the reserve list

Sounds like you by-passed the reserve list or got placed on it for a short time, which is fantastic result as you have a conditional offer.

The email I had was something amongst the lines of "before we can update your application we need your proof of ID", something like that.

Did you manage to provide all ID successfully? I had some issues with Group 2 as I live with parents, so sent them bank statement (hope it works).

Same here, really want to leave my current workplace so hopefully after the ID check I can get an offer.
Reply 7
I've just sent off the identification documents

The same as yourself I live with parents so have supplied them with a bank statement - it is on the acceptable list so I think it will be accepted.

Good luck to you and I hope a position is available for you soon!
Original post by Sc0382
Hey

Congrats on passing your interview. Which area did you apply for please? I had an interview for same role last Wednesday but no news yet. I applied for Manchester.
Reply 9
I applied for Birmingham. Had my interview last Monday and an email arrived this morning. 10 days since interview - quickest I've known. Youll probably hear something very soon
ive just realized you started the other thread about your interview only lasting 20 mins. Waoh, welldone. I pray i hear from them soon too. will keep you posted.
Reply 11
Yes, thankyou!
Original post by Sc0382
Yes, thankyou!

Finally got got an interview successful email today followed by the same one you got about sending documents before conditional offer can be made. I wont hold my breath though as my scores were not great. 4 for each competency and 9 for strengths. There are loads of people going by older threads who had much higher scores and still waiting after being placed on reserve for months.
Reply 13
Thats great news!
I had exactly the same scores as yourself.
Hmm im really not sure. I guess its just a waiting game now.
Ill keep you updated and vice versa :smile:
Original post by Sc0382
Thats great news!
I had exactly the same scores as yourself.
Hmm im really not sure. I guess its just a waiting game now.
Ill keep you updated and vice versa :smile:

it is a waiting game indeed. Will definitely keep you posted too :smile:
Reply 15
A little update.

Just got my provisional offer subject to pre-employment checks and I guess at some point i'll need to do DBS checks too (haven't had the DBS email, yet).
Couldn't be happier, now just waiting for the checks to be done and hopefully get a formal offer.

:smile:
Reply 16
I'm happy for you!! Nearly there now!
How long did it take after submitting ID docs to get back to you?
Reply 17
Original post by Sc0382
I'm happy for you!! Nearly there now!
How long did it take after submitting ID docs to get back to you?

I was asked for Proof of ID on the 1st or 2nd of Jan, submitted on the 5th.
They got back to me around the 12th asking for another group 2 proof which I submitted back on the 14th (I think) and yesterday got an update saying that I got provisional offer.
Reply 18
Hey guys

Just had my conditional offer come through. Yay
Reply 19
Original post by Sc0382
Hey guys

Just had my conditional offer come through. Yay

Nice, congratulations.
I had mine few days ago, now just waiting for the pre employment check to be done.

Quick Reply

Latest