Catherine1910
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi guys, was just wondering if anyone has received an offer from Oxford for the MPhil in Economics programme. How long did they take to back to you after submitting your application?
asdkjl213
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Catherine1910)
Hi guys, was just wondering if anyone has received an offer from Oxford for the MPhil in Economics programme. How long did they take to back to you after submitting your application?
I'm still waiting to hear back.
Catherine1910
Rep:
?
(Original post by asdkjl213)
I'm still waiting to hear back.
When did you apply?
asdkjl213
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
When did you apply?
Couple of days before the January deadline. You?
Kashish Gupta
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Hello, I mailed the admission committee a few days back. They are saying that they will announce the results 8-10 weeks after the course deadline. So I am presuming for the Jan deadline, they might start sending the offers by end of the march.
asdkjl213
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Kashish Gupta)
Hello, I mailed the admission committee a few days back. They are saying that they will announce the results 8-10 weeks after the course deadline. So I am presuming for the Jan deadline, they might start sending the offers by end of the march.
Right. Somebody on GradCafe wrote this yesterday: "I emailed the Oxford econ admissions and they said we should expect to hear back about MPhil decisions from next week. All the best everyone!".
Catherine1910
Rep:
?
Couple of days before the January deadline. You?
Same here! Have you received any other offers?
Catherine1910
Rep:
?
Right. Somebody on GradCafe wrote this yesterday: "I emailed the Oxford econ admissions and they said we should expect to hear back about MPhil decisions from next week. All the best everyone!".
Do you have the link to the main Oxford MPhil Economics thread on Gradcafe? Would be super helpful :-)
asdkjl213
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Do you have the link to the main Oxford MPhil Economics thread on Gradcafe? Would be super helpful :-)
No idea if there is a thread. I literally just entered 'oxford economics' into their search engine.
DodoManiac
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Yeah, you can see results and a little bit of discussion by just searching Here's a link though too: https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/i...onomics+Oxford

They released some MPhil+DPhil offers yesterday, so MPhil results will probably follow shortly
Catherine1910
Rep:
?
(Original post by DodoManiac)
Yeah, you can see results and a little bit of discussion by just searching Here's a link though too: https://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/i...onomics+Oxford

They released some MPhil+DPhil offers yesterday, so MPhil results will probably follow shortly
Awesome! Thanks so much
asdkjl213
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Awesome! Thanks so much
Just out of curiosity, what are your guys' backgrounds?
asdkjl213
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Same here! Have you received any other offers?
Only applied to Oxford and Cambridge - haven't heard anything yet! You?
DodoManiac
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Awesome! Thanks so much
No problem!

Just out of curiosity, what are your guys' backgrounds?
My undergrad was in maths and philosophy, and then I did a graduate diploma in econ. I've been working for about a year and a half. What about you?
asdkjl213
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by DodoManiac)
No problem!

My undergrad was in maths and philosophy, and then I did a graduate diploma in econ. I've been working for about a year and a half. What about you?
Oh, cool! Decided you wanna work with econ in some capacity?

I am a final year PPE student, focusing mostly on econ, maths, stats
DodoManiac
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Oh, cool! Decided you wanna work with econ in some capacity?

I am a final year PPE student, focusing mostly on econ, maths, stats
I'm hoping to do a PhD, so yes, in quite a large capacity I suppose!

Nice, also at Oxford?
Kashish Gupta
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Are you guys aware about the job prospects after MPhil? Actually, I will have to take a loan to fund my education but am genuinely concerned about repaying it. I have heard that job market is in a very bad shape in the UK. Will be great if someone can guide me on the same. Thanks!
Jojostudent123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Kashish Gupta)
Are you guys aware about the job prospects after MPhil? Actually, I will have to take a loan to fund my education but am genuinely concerned about repaying it. I have heard that job market is in a very bad shape in the UK. Will be great if someone can guide me on the same. Thanks!
Hello, I also applied for this programme and hence checked many previous MPhil students' linkedin profiles. You may have tried to do so, I can see they went to also big name companies. I have no practical experience either, but it should be helpful to check linkedin. Anyway, best luck!
asdkjl213
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Jojostudent123)
Hello, I also applied for this programme and hence checked many previous MPhil students' linkedin profiles. You may have tried to do so, I can see they went to also big name companies. I have no practical experience either, but it should be helpful to check linkedin. Anyway, best luck!
Yeah, I wouldn't be too worried with an Econ degree from Oxford haha. Also, it's a 2 year degree, so hopefully the economy should be better by 2023
Jojostudent123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Yeah, I wouldn't be too worried with an Econ degree from Oxford haha. Also, it's a 2 year degree, so hopefully the economy should be better by 2023
Hhhh sure! Hope you won’t feel anxious. Seems the admission office has started to make final decision, finger crossed for us all
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.73%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (33)
15.87%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.35%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.9%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (56)
26.92%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (40)
19.23%

Watched Threads