The Student Room Group

moral defintion

Hi - I am writing an essay but am struggling to define moral actions in a concise and not so vague way. I was thinking of something along the lines of - a moral action is one that focuses on the wellbeing of people?? I have never written a philosophy essay before so im really confused on this. Any help will be much appreciated
Reply 1
Hi I'm a year 13 philosophy student! Philosophy is really really difficult and my first essay was horrible because I was so lost on what to write. My teachers use an ABC structure for 25 markers where you write an argument, but or counterpoint and then a mini conclusion. We're told to do three of those along with an introduction and overall conclusion. A moral action is an act that has the intent to do the right thing... I think! Aristotle defines it as something that a moral person would do. https://philosophyalevel.com/aqa-philosophy-revision-notes/
This website has been a lifesaver for me as it has the whole of the AQA philosophy spec on as revision notes and explains things really simply and clearly.
Reply 2
That's very helpful, thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending