The Student Room Group

MME AQA predicted physics a level papers

Has anyone else got and done these papers for a levels. I've just done the first one and it seems a shambles.
i normally get 22/25 for my mcq at lowest. on this i got 15/25. Now im not beind stubborn but it said sounds waves cant be refracted. by that logic i wouldnt be able to hear someone around a corner etc.
Not to say they were asking about content not on the syllabus they started talking about the closed system wind insturments which ive read the whole aqa text book and theyve never come up.

I was wondering aswell as seeing if people agree wiht the above if i could send some mcqs and see what poeple get and make sure im not just being stupid.

i mean one of the mcq was whats the true statement for energy and apparently the answer was energy isnt conserved in inelastic collisions but they didnt specify kinetic energy and energy in this case is always conserved so thats the level of questions. i put the answer energy can be measured in kwh as the other was energy is a vector quantity and a si unit which it defintely wasnt.
(edited 11 months ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Reply 2
Hey,
I've recently purchased this, not for the 'predicted' aspect (because you can't really predict what's in the exam). But more-so to use as a practice paper leading up to the exam.

I have to be honest, I think it's a terrible paper.
Whilst I believe the content was bordering on the spec, there were certain parts which were highly abstracted, making them mostly inaccessible marks for A-Level AQA knowledge.
The multiple choice was awful, with plenty of contradictions and lack of description.
I can assure you kWh is a unit of energy, however I believe the paper was testing our knowledge of uppercase letters there, as they wrote (KWh), K isn't kilo (k). Though, going by the same level of scrutiny, their correct answer of 'Energy is not conserved in inelastic collisions' is also technically false. Kinetic energy isn't conserved, overall energy is always conserved (in any interaction).

Hated the paper, I would definitely recommend the CGP practice paper instead.

Feel free to send any questions you answered over if you believe they should be right, I can compare it to mine.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Do they give the downloadable digital copy instantly or you have wait for the hard copy to arrive.
Reply 4
Original post by T_eight211
Do they give the downloadable digital copy instantly or you have wait for the hard copy to arrive.

Physical copy only unfortunately.
They have a full copyright notice on the back of the physical paper so I'm assuming its a measure to prevent people just distributing it.
Original post by charlie.R.12
Has anyone else got and done these papers for a levels. I've just done the first one and it seems a shambles.
i normally get 22/25 for my mcq at lowest. on this i got 15/25. Now im not beind stubborn but it said sounds waves cant be refracted. by that logic i wouldnt be able to hear someone around a corner etc.
Not to say they were asking about content not on the syllabus they started talking about the closed system wind insturments which ive read the whole aqa text book and theyve never come up.

I was wondering aswell as seeing if people agree wiht the above if i could send some mcqs and see what poeple get and make sure im not just being stupid.

i mean one of the mcq was whats the true statement for energy and apparently the answer was energy isnt conserved in inelastic collisions but they didnt specify kinetic energy and energy in this case is always conserved so thats the level of questions. i put the answer energy can be measured in kwh as the other was energy is a vector quantity and a si unit which it defintely wasnt.

hi i've just done this paper and the same two MCQs i got wrong and was completely baffled. Energy must be conserved so im sure the mark scheme is just wrong

Quick Reply

Latest