The Student Room Group

University of Leicester A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by limitlesspuffy
oh so basically after we get offers wow

Yes. Usually only Sheffield release their cut off almost straight after they have made it, and SGUL mid-way through the cycle, though some places do tell those who are rejected
Hello,

Leicester have said that they guarantee interviews to applicants with achieved A-level grades given that they meet the following requirements:

- At least grade B or 6 at first sitting in the 4 mandatory GCSE subjects
- AAA at A-level (or 34 or more in the International Baccalaureate, including 666 in HL subjects) in our required subjects within 2 years of taking GCSEs
- A total UCAT score in the top 5 deciles with an SJT band 1-3

When it says "A total UCAT score in the top 5 deciles with an SJT band 1-3", does that mean in the top 5 deciles according to the whole country's results as found on "www.ucat.ac.uk/results/" or does it mean in the top 5 deciles according to the "Scoring of applications documents for A100 Medicine MBChB" found on "https://le.ac.uk/medicine/study/mbchb/scoring" ?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by danthedean
Hello,

Leicester have said that they guarantee interviews to applicants with achieved A-level grades given that they meet the following requirements:

- AAA at A-level (or 34 or more in the International Baccalaureate, including 666 in HL subjects) in our required subjects within 2 years of taking GCSEs

When it says "A total UCAT score in the top 5 deciles with an SJT band 1-3", does that mean in the top 5 deciles according to the whole country's results as found on "www.ucat.ac.uk/results/" or does it mean in the top 5 deciles according to the "Scoring of applications documents for A100 Medicine MBChB" found on "https://le.ac.uk/medicine/study/mbchb/scoring" ?

hmm.... interesting question.
Anyone know the answer to this?^^ The two conflicting statements found on their website and applicant scorring document never sat right with me from the beginning.
Original post by parthenocarpy
hmm.... interesting question.
Anyone know the answer to this?^^ The two conflicting statements found on their website and applicant scorring document never sat right with me from the beginning.

Original post by danthedean
Hello,

It means the top 5 deciles published by UCAT
Hi, did any1 yet receive any email asking us to send documents like maybe grades or transcripts?
Original post by countwraith
Hi, did any1 yet receive any email asking us to send documents like maybe grades or transcripts?

I haven't
Original post by countwraith

That might happen after we get an interview offer I would presume and we'd likey upload it onto the applicant portal but don't quote me on that.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 187
Original post by KA_P
That might happen after we get an interview offer I would presume and we'd likey upload it onto the applicant portal but don't quote me on that.

How do we access the applicant portal?
Original post by 020200

ask leicester uni for the login details via email
Original post by 32jeerkah
Use your application candidate’s number that they sent you in the email, and then log in using this link: https://srs.le.ac.uk/sipr/sits.urd/run/siw_lgn (Your user name is the application number that they emailed you in the acknowledgement)
i think you have to create an account. I had to figure all this out myself, would have been nice if it was included in the email.

Original post by 020200

See above post :smile:
For everyone's applicant portal, does it currently say 'no active containers'? Thanks!
When does Leicester normally send out interviews?
Original post by Salami17
When does Leicester normally send out interviews?

Last year they sent first batch out end of november
Reply 196
From their 2022 entry admissions document on their website, interview dates are:

10th - 17th December 2021, 4th 14th January 2022, 31st January 7 February 2022

It does say these are provisional and subject to change, but if they stay the same I think they'll probably start sending invites from the middle to the end of this month
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by 020200
From their 2022 entry admissions document on their website, interview dates are:

10th - 17th December 2021, 4th 14th January 2022, 31st January 7 February 2022

It does say these are provisional and subject to change, but if they stay the same I think they'll probably start sending invites from the middle to the end of this month

could you please link it?
Original post by keeno25
could you please link it?

Page 7 on FAQs document
https://le.ac.uk/medicine/study/mbchb/entry-requirements/academic-2022
Damn I read that document and just saw the free ipad thing. That's pretty cool.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending