The Student Room Group

University of Leicester A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ohkhay
hey guys i have my interview in like a month but i got very overwhelmed looking at the interview discussion megathread

how long is each station going to be? how much time should we spend answering their questions?

im international and have very basic knowledge about the nhs do you guys think i should research more about it or is it okay knowing the general aspects?

Aim for half the length of the station (1 to 2 and a half minutes).

Yes, research into it. Structure of NHS, primary, secondary, tertiary care, current issues, hot topics. The principles they were built on. Have a look at the NHS core values/constitution.

Some interview tips

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/medicine/mmi-medicine-interview-tips
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by KA_P
Aim for half the length of the station (1 to 2 and a half minutes).

Yes, research into it. Structure of NHS, primary, secondary, tertiary care, current issues, hot topics. The principles they were built on. Have a look at the NHS core values/constitution.

Some interview tips

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/medicine/mmi-medicine-interview-tips

thanks! i've seen you in the megathread and honestly you are going to do amazing
Original post by ohkhay
thanks! i've seen you in the megathread and honestly you are going to do amazing

🥺 Thank you, it really means a lot.

Best of luck to you :hugs:
Reply 1383
Original post by Medscid
Guys. Just got rejected from Leicester. 2980 Ucat. Achieved 3A* A (A* in EPQ)
I really thought I would get in. Good to luck to everyone else

was this post-interview? sorry to hear that BTW and best of luck for your other choices :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Medscid
Pre Interview. I thought I had a good chance this year but guess Ill have to do even better next year. Fingers crossed for my other interviews. I got an offer from Nottingham so thats alright. Still waiting for Imperial and UCL

Why would you apply again next year if you have an offer and achieved grades?

You sound like a troll to me?

Leicester would have interviewed you with that UCAT score and those achieved grades. Unless you missed the minimum GCSE requirement but then that would also precluded you from most other medical schools. And you claim to have just had an interview at Liverpool.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Medscid
Guys. Just got rejected from Leicester. 2980 Ucat. Achieved 3A* A (A* in EPQ)
I really thought I would get in. Good to luck to everyone else

Are there any typos there? What subjects are your achieved grades in? What about GCSE English language and mathematics grades?

Have you emailed or phoned up to confirm the rejection is valid? What did they say?
Original post by KA_P
Are there any typos there? What subjects are your achieved grades in? What about GCSE English language and mathematics grades?

Have you emailed or phoned up to confirm the rejection is valid? What did they say?

I think they are trolling if you look at their other posts today
Reply 1387
Original post by Medpapa

Ah okay! No clue why people troll on TSR (if this person is trolling)
Original post by 020200
Ah okay! No clue why people troll on TSR (if this person is trolling)

I think they are, since it seems like they applied to 5 med choices :dontknow:
Original post by Medpapa

I don't want to be 100% sure, it is suspicious that they made an account today and have contrasting posts, however. :colonhash:
Original post by WTSBLG
I think they are, since it seems like they applied to 5 med choices :dontknow:

:yes:
Original post by Medscid
My bad achieved a* IN EPQ but predicted.

How do you achieve in one subject and be predicted in another? You should get your EPQ results with A-Levels
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Medscid
Pre Interview. I thought I had a good chance this year but guess Ill have to do even better next year. Fingers crossed for my other interviews. I got an offer from Nottingham so thats alright. Still waiting for Imperial and UCL

defo a troll - imperial has finished their first stage of interview and everyone has had a reply
Original post by KA_P
How do achieve in one subject and be predicted in another? You should get your EPQ results with A-Levels

i got my eqp result too tbh
Original post by dozaraf
defo a troll - imperial has finished their first stage of interview and everyone has had a reply

Yes they’ve just written a quite unkind post on the Liverpool thread.
Original post by Medscid
MEDPAPA
How do I know your not a troll. Thats quite toxic behaviour and goes against the rules of this forum.

You don't need to know. It's obvious they're not. Stop trying to shift the blame. You seem to be describing yourself right there. Lying and spreading misinformation, as well as being harsh to other applicants is not something we want in this forum and that's exactly what you're doing. It isn't a joke, so don't make it one.
Original post by Medpapa
Yes they’ve just written a quite unkind post on the Liverpool thread.

Also said that they have received an offer from Nottingham A100?? I must be improving as I thought it didn’t ring true
Original post by yunglilabs1234
i got my eqp result too tbh

You won’t have your EPQ result until it’s been moderated and released on 18th Aug.
You may know the mark the school have given you but that is subject to moderation and so not yet an achieved grade.
Original post by Medscid
Guys, me and my friend found a glitch in the UCAS system, if you click withdraw an offer you instantly get accepted by any Med school.

🙄🙄🙄why would anyone waste their valuable time lying on TSR 🤷*♀️you must be bored!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Medscid
Guys, me and my friend found a glitch in the UCAS system, if you click withdraw an offer you instantly get accepted by any Med school.

If you haven't got anything useful to say then I suggest you get off tsr and get back to doing whatever it is you're meant to be doing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending