The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
well first thing is that the requirements were lower🤣. But the course structure is a lot like Imperials and they also have a year abroad opportunity during yr 3 or 4.

Sounds like there's a lot to look forward to :heart:
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Got accepted for chemistry!! Needed A*AA but ended up with A*A*A* somehow

I didn’t apply for accom (dumb of me) as I thought I wouldn’t get in + the cost so I’ll be travelling from home
I am still waiting for Imperial to confirm or decline my offer. I missed by it by one grade (4 marks away from an A* in physics) and I don’t know what to do. They just told me to wait but it may affect me getting a guarantee accommodation in my insurance as there is a deadline. I am not sure what to do..Btw, this is a physics applicant.
Hi everyone, I am wondering has anyone been sent an email about their college email address? And for those international students, has anyone received their CAS? Thanks!
I am still waiting for Imperial to confirm or decline my offer. I missed by it by one grade (4 marks away from an A* in physics) and I don’t know what to do. They just told me to wait but it may affect me getting a guarantee accommodation in my insurance as there is a deadline. I am not sure what to do..Btw, this is a physics applicant.

In which case I think it is likely that they are treating you as a near-miss and are taking their time in making a decision. Are you intending to get a marking review for Physics to try and get the A* or is it not worth it in your case? In any event, you might just have to wait :frown:

Also, if I may ask, what are the requirements for your insurance offer? I imagine the offer is lower so you should have that as a back-up if Imperial does decide not to accept.

The OP in this thread has a lot of helpful information, including a list of the reasons why you may still be waiting having missed your offer, as well as a handy flowchart: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7234549
Hi everyone, I am wondering has anyone been sent an email about their college email address? And for those international students, has anyone received their CAS? Thanks!

I doubt you will get much more info now for at least a few days, FYI.
Original post by becausethenight
In which case I think it is likely that they are treating you as a near-miss and are taking their time in making a decision. Are you intending to get a marking review for Physics to try and get the A* or is it not worth it in your case? In any event, you might just have to wait :frown:

Also, if I may ask, what are the requirements for your insurance offer? I imagine the offer is lower so you should have that as a back-up if Imperial does decide not to accept.

The OP in this thread has a lot of helpful information, including a list of the reasons why you may still be waiting having missed your offer, as well as a handy flowchart: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7234549

The thing is quite a lot of money to see each paper for my physics, like nearly £20 each and then for priority remark is around £60.

I do have an offer for my insurance since it was a lower offer but the problem is that I have until Monday to be assured of guarantee accommodation with them but Imperial said they make take longer than that and I am not sure what to do. In the case I get rejected after the Monday, I have my insurance but I would not have 100% a room for my first year at my insurance so that’s the problem.
The thing is quite a lot of money to see each paper for my physics, like nearly £20 each and then for priority remark is around £60.

I do have an offer for my insurance since it was a lower offer but the problem is that I have until Monday to be assured of guarantee accommodation with them but Imperial said they make take longer than that and I am not sure what to do. In the case I get rejected after the Monday, I have my insurance but I would not have 100% a room for my first year at my insurance so that’s the problem.

Yeah that does sound difficult - I think in that case it's worth a) asking Imperial when they should get back to you by and b) asking your Insurance how likely it is you'd still get accomodation after Monday (it is possible, one of my friends got a room in halls after applying 3 days before the move in date :tongue:) to help you decide what to do?
Hi, I stated my situation here earlier.

I got rejected by my firm-Imperial
Accepted my offer at my insurance-UCL
Appealed the decision to Imperial- they offered me a place for this year, told them that I had accepted my place too.
I called UCAS, they said I have to ask Imperial to make a clearing offer( Imperial never goes into clearing so this is where my concern lies), what should I do now, I have already provided Imperial all my details.

Yeah that does sound difficult - I think in that case it's worth a) asking Imperial when they should get back to you by and b) asking your Insurance how likely it is you'd still get accomodation after Monday (it is possible, one of my friends got a room in halls after applying 3 days before the move in date :tongue:) to help you decide what to do?
Original post by mr_thomas_tuchel
Hi, I stated my situation here earlier.

I got rejected by my firm-Imperial
Accepted my offer at my insurance-UCL
Appealed the decision to Imperial- they offered me a place for this year, told them that I had accepted my place too.
I called UCAS, they said I have to ask Imperial to make a clearing offer( Imperial never goes into clearing so this is where my concern lies), what should I do now, I have already provided Imperial all my details.

You have been given loads of correct information already across all the Clearing threads - I don't think there's anything else I can add! :tongue:

Update!!

so I called the physics admissions team of imperial and they told me that yes I was in reconsideration but that I got a place at imperial !! The offer is set is just they are confused why UCAS has not updated yet since they sent the decision yesterday night. I am so happy and relieved, thank you for your support !!
Update!!

so I called the physics admissions team of imperial and they told me that yes I was in reconsideration but that I got a place at imperial !! The offer is set is just they are confused why UCAS has not updated yet since they sent the decision yesterday night. I am so happy and relieved, thank you for your support !!

:yay: So happy to hear that :smile:

It might just take a little bit of time to appear, especially as it’s the weekend now. If you have the offer in writing, it should all be good :smile:
Well update , UCAS just updated and I also got the welcome offer from imperial so is all confirmed. Thank you very much !! 😭
Well update , UCAS just updated and I also got the welcome offer from imperial so is all confirmed. Thank you very much !! 😭

Congratulations!

I received an admissions email yesterday about college emails.
I received an admissions email yesterday about college emails.

May I ask what that email was like? Is is titled Confirmation of Decision? Thanks!
Hi everyone, I want to apply for Imperial college with the major of Mathematics this year for 2023 entry. In recent days, I have got grades 1 and S in STEP II and STEP III, and IAL Mathematics(99%) IAL Further Mathematics(99%) . Could I be ensured an offer from IC? Do I still need to take MAT test? Many thanks!
should I also ring Imperial? I still havent received an update on whether or not i am accepted or not for computer science and really want to get in... I have 4 A*s but a lower step grade than required. Do you think if I call them today maybe things will fix up? I emailed but they haven't responded
Original post by JustAnother_CS
should I also ring Imperial? I still havent received an update on whether or not i am accepted or not for computer science and really want to get in... I have 4 A*s but a lower step grade than required. Do you think if I call them today maybe things will fix up? I emailed but they haven't responded

Try calling them monday as its sunday today and see what they say. I think they have up to the 24th to reconsider and thats the date they put on ucas for all conditions to be met
Original post by Opsimath7712
Hi everyone, I want to apply for Imperial college with the major of Mathematics this year for 2023 entry. In recent days, I have got grades 1 and S in STEP II and STEP III, and IAL Mathematics(99%) IAL Further Mathematics(99%) . Could I be ensured an offer from IC? Do I still need to take MAT test? Many thanks!

This is great, well-done!. Try to call ICL and discuss your case with them. You have already smashed STEP I see no reason to write MAT.

Latest

Trending

Trending