The Student Room Group

CW: I don’t want to be 46kg :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
34kg

Eat some five guys, McDonald’s, Burger King, nandos have a lot have calories. Maybe try eating like 4 times a day. Maybe try some aptemin, I hear that’s good for weight gain. This is probably terrible advice tho
Original post by Foxehh
No. They've set requirements, you cant change them.
You cant do your best in school if your physical and mental health are not doing well. Use your time to focus on working on getting better, stressing about the things you cant control isnt going to help your situation.

GCSE’s r really important to me and I’m falling behind I need to stress about these things because GCSE’s determine what course I’m able to do in college in the future and I wanna do a course that I love my health can be put second as long as I get my GCSE’s done I’ll then be satisfied with myself
GCSE’s r really important to me and I’m falling behind I need to stress about these things because GCSE’s determine what course I’m able to do in college in the future and I wanna do a course that I love my health can be put second as long as I get my GCSE’s done I’ll then be satisfied with myself

tell them this. talk to them.
Original post by rxrx2004
tell them this. talk to them.

U think I haven’t? They keep brushing me off saying oh it will be fine but honestly they don’t care because they already have their future sorted out..and I haven’t sorted it out yet
Reply 24
Original post by ANM775
according to this, that weight is like in the middle for your age and sex.
what weight are you currently?

I entered your details again with 34kg and you are in the 3rd percentile and barely a healthy weight ........so it seems like they just want to get you to a weight that looks very good on paper, but according to the site you are barely within a healthy range for your age and height
U think I haven’t? They keep brushing me off saying oh it will be fine but honestly they don’t care because they already have their future sorted out..and I haven’t sorted it out yet

i can understand your pain :frown:
just try your absolute hardest to gain weight I'm afraid
CAMHS if forcing me to be 46 kg to be discharged :frown: is there any POSSIBLE WAY TO BE DISCHARGED WITHOUT BEING 46kg please I beg you if you have an answer please tell me and give me a clear answer I’m 15 years old and they’re only allowing me to go to school part-time

I hope this isn't too much of a personal question, but are you anorexic by any chance?
I am anorexic too and as a male, I struggle with not being 'the perfect anorexic'.
I'm currently in recovery and every day is a struggle. I wish I could remain thin.
My DM's are always open if you ever wish to talk.
Best Wishes.
Reply 27
I hope this isn't too much of a personal question, but are you anorexic by any chance?
I am anorexic too and as a male, I struggle with not being 'the perfect anorexic'.
I'm currently in recovery and every day is a struggle. I wish I could remain thin.
Best Wishes.

how are two anons gonna pm each other 😁
Original post by Ten-Ten
Eat some five guys, McDonald’s, Burger King, nandos have a lot have calories. Maybe try eating like 4 times a day. Maybe try some aptemin, I hear that’s good for weight gain. This is probably terrible advice tho

Yes this is terrible advice. OP don't do this.

I assume you are under camhs for an eating disorder- until that is under control nothing else will be.
Best wishes for a healthy recovery
Best Wishes.

They diagnosed me with anorexia but only because of my low weight mentally I don’t have it the only reason I’m a low weight is cause I do sports in school with my friends
Original post by ANM775
how are two anons gonna pm each other 😁

Dunno xD
Original post by ReadingMum

I assume you are under camhs for an eating disorder- until that is under control nothing else will be.

Ikr if one is suffering from an eating disorder fear foods with a **** ton of calories is so difficult to consume.
I've been told from my dietitian to take small steps to eat a bit more.
And don't exercise all of it off afterwards to get a caloric defecit.
Original post by ReadingMum

I wish CAMHS would leave me alone and thanks
Original post by rxrx2004
i can understand your pain :frown:
just try your absolute hardest to gain weight I'm afraid

Aghhhh :frown:
They diagnosed me with anorexia but only because of my low weight mentally I don’t have it the only reason I’m a low weight is cause I do sports in school with my friends

Are you certain you are not anorexic tho.
Most ppl (like me) suffer from anosognosia (denial) that they are even anorexic in the first place.
Are you certain you are not anorexic tho.
Most ppl (like me) suffer from anosognosia (denial) that they are even anorexic in the first place.

I’m certain even my parents don’t think I’m anorexic every time I go to camhs they think everything I do has something to do with anorexia
Ikr if one is suffering from an eating disorder fear foods with a **** ton of calories is so difficult to consume.
I've been told from my dietitian to take small steps to eat a bit more.
And don't exercise all of it off afterwards to get a caloric defecit.

I just wanna be discharged from camhs
I’m certain even my parents don’t think I’m anorexic every time I go to camhs they think everything I do has something to do with anorexia

Did they give you a questionnaire where they asked you questions about your eating habits etc.
I hope I don't mind me asking, but how many hours of exercise do you do per day?
And what's your caloric intake?
Would you say you have a fast metabolism?

dont want to sound stupid, but why do you go there then? surely you aren't forced?
I just wanna be discharged from camhs

I believe your in primary school right?
I remember having to be weighed and for my height to be measured.
Is that when your school/nurses that weighed you think your anorexic and forced you to go to CAMHS?

Quick Reply

Latest