The Student Room Group

CW: I don’t want to be 46kg :(

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
But I talked to some people they said that they ignore them and they didn’t go and they got some phone calls but then after that nothing happened

Do you think those people have your best interests at heart.You are so near your target weight.Just stick with it and you can go back to school in Sept as normal.
Original post by Scotney
Do you think those people have your best interests at heart.You are so near your target weight.Just stick with it and you can go back to school in Sept as normal.

Oki
Oki

No I’m not okay I dont wanna gain anymore weight I’m happy and healthy why can’t they just accept that they r so annoying I wish I could just cut them out of my life I hate it soo much I cry myself to sleep every night because of it I’m sorry
How much do u weigh now
Original post by Bigboy23
How much do u weigh now

Kg
Kg

I’m 152cm when I will be 46kg I will be fat 😭😭😭

A BMI of 19.9 is not fat.
I’m 15

No I’m not okay I dont wanna gain anymore weight I’m happy and healthy why can’t they just accept that they r so annoying I wish I could just cut them out of my life I hate it soo much I cry myself to sleep every night because of it I’m sorry

I am sorry you are sad but you will not be fat at 46kg.You are doing really well so just keep going.
I developed anorexia when I was in year 11 and tbh I didn’t believe it, I thought it was my mum making a fuss about nothing and being controlling. It got out of control, I wasn’t allowed to start sixth form, I had to go to a day programme in London every day with my mum literally waiting in coffee shops all day bcos they wouldn’t let me go on the train, she had to leave her job. I was there for a few months and my weight went up so I was allowed to go back to school. I was then assaulted at a party and had a total relapse, I ended up in an inpatient unit a long way from home for months. When I got out I was allowed to start sixth form but with the next year group and I still had to go to CAMHS for another year. I got through sixth form and my first two years of uni but still struggled, it’s literally only in the last few months I’m starting to feel in control of things and life is so much better.

I’m nearly 21 and have been dealing with this stuff since I was 15. I guess I’m trying to say be careful once you get going with your GCSEs. Don’t forget to eat and let your weight go down, it’s not worth it for all the things you can miss out on. I looked cr@p at my year 11 prom and year 13 ball and my uni socials, I couldn’t just chill with pizza or have a drink at a party without the bad feelings, it made me miserable and I was a boring person, and most guys prefer girls with curves. Don’t be me!!!
I developed anorexia when I was in year 11 and tbh I didn’t believe it, I thought it was my mum making a fuss about nothing and being controlling. It got out of control, I wasn’t allowed to start sixth form, I had to go to a day programme in London every day with my mum literally waiting in coffee shops all day bcos they wouldn’t let me go on the train, she had to leave her job. I was there for a few months and my weight went up so I was allowed to go back to school. I was then assaulted at a party and had a total relapse, I ended up in an inpatient unit a long way from home for months. When I got out I was allowed to start sixth form but with the next year group and I still had to go to CAMHS for another year. I got through sixth form and my first two years of uni but still struggled, it’s literally only in the last few months I’m starting to feel in control of things and life is so much better.

I’m nearly 21 and have been dealing with this stuff since I was 15. I guess I’m trying to say be careful once you get going with your GCSEs. Don’t forget to eat and let your weight go down, it’s not worth it for all the things you can miss out on. I looked cr@p at my year 11 prom and year 13 ball and my uni socials, I couldn’t just chill with pizza or have a drink at a party without the bad feelings, it made me miserable and I was a boring person, and most guys prefer girls with curves. Don’t be me!!!

Great post.Glad you are getting there now.

Glad things are going better for you now and hope things continue to improve :smile:

I also had an eating disorder (ranging from AN to ED-NOS to BN at various points) from the age of 13 to the age of 24. I was really unwell at certain points and the things I was doing were seriously screwing up my health (still suffer with some issues now several years later, and they will only continue to get worse) and nothing, even things like throwing up blood or blacking out from palpitations didn't stop me from doing what I was doing. I had no friends and no life at uni because I was to busy being friends with my ED. I regret not getting help when things started so, so much because my whole life would be so different rn - please let CAMHS help you, OP. You will regret it in the future if you don't.
Thanks x

I think I’ll always be watchful but I feel like I’m free and I’m in charge now. I wear what I like and eat what I like with no guilt. I have a great life, I love my course and I’m in a strong relationship, I have good friends now too. I feel sad to have basically lost five years and have forever lost my sporting career, but at least I have been able to get myself back.

Anon1 - stick with it, and don’t ‘forget’ to eat when you get caught up with exams etc. It’s so easy to do but so hard to get out of once it takes hold x
Thanks x

I think I’ll always be watchful but I feel like I’m free and I’m in charge now. I wear what I like and eat what I like with no guilt. I have a great life, I love my course and I’m in a strong relationship, I have good friends now too. I feel sad to have basically lost five years and have forever lost my sporting career, but at least I have been able to get myself back.

Anon1 - stick with it, and don’t ‘forget’ to eat when you get caught up with exams etc. It’s so easy to do but so hard to get out of once it takes hold x

Sounds like you are in a really good place now - that's really nice to hear :smile: I totally relate to basically losing years of life to the ED, and it was so not worth it.
Glad things are going better for you now and hope things continue to improve :smile:

I also had an eating disorder (ranging from AN to ED-NOS to BN at various points) from the age of 13 to the age of 24. I was really unwell at certain points and the things I was doing were seriously screwing up my health (still suffer with some issues now several years later, and they will only continue to get worse) and nothing, even things like throwing up blood or blacking out from palpitations didn't stop me from doing what I was doing. I had no friends and no life at uni because I was to busy being friends with my ED. I regret not getting help when things started so, so much because my whole life would be so different rn - please let CAMHS help you, OP. You will regret it in the future if you don't.

Thank you I’ll just stick with it this really motivated me thank you so much

Wow I don’t wanna be dealing with my ED for that long. I’m so sorry, thank you for sharing this, this is really inspiring! I hope that your life gets on track and everything good may come to you :smile:
Thanks x

Thank you for the advice :smile: I feel much better now hearing this

Quick Reply

Latest