The Student Room Group

the circular shelf

So based on my previous thread

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7020859

i have problems with loading items stored on top of the shelf , so i brainstormed a new idea , its called the circular shelf. Its a circle that can be spinned as illustrated below.

what do you think? good idea?

(edited 2 years ago)
A miniature London eye? Lol.

It would look cool and I would be genuinely impressed with anyone who managed to construct it. However it would be a piss poor use of space.
Original post by glassalice
A miniature London eye? Lol.

It would look cool and I would be genuinely impressed with anyone who managed to construct it. However it would be a piss poor use of space.

i just noticed there is a lot of space in the middle, pretty sure it can be utilize by adding a few storage box in the center
Reply 3
With all that space between those boxes, it looks like you could just line all the boxes up in a row on the floor.
Invest in a step-stool instead.
If you were a roboticist you could conceive a system whereby a robot that moves on rails goes up, grabs a box, and brings it back to you. The pharmacy back in Prestwich had one and you could watch it work, was pretty amazing.
Original post by Callicious
If you were a roboticist you could conceive a system whereby a robot that moves on rails goes up, grabs a box, and brings it back to you. The pharmacy back in Prestwich had one and you could watch it work, was pretty amazing.

too many moving parts. my idea has less moving parts, it wont break easily
Original post by Foxehh
With all that space between those boxes, it looks like you could just line all the boxes up in a row on the floor.
Invest in a step-stool instead.

difficult to sweep the floor and will look like your room has less space if too many things are on the ground
Reply 7
Original post by HucktheForde
difficult to sweep the floor and will look like your room has less space if too many things are on the ground

Not if you get a floor riser and put your boxes on it.
Original post by HucktheForde
too many moving parts. my idea has less moving parts, it wont break easily

Setting it up would be a pain but the roboticist would likely not find it that much of a pain to fix if it did break. In any case, it's the most effective way for someone too lazy to use a stepping stool to clamber up to grab the box (click button for the box you want, etc...)

Alternatively Foxy did say to just use a stool. Seems like the easiest solution...

Quick Reply

Latest