The Student Room Group

Post-Mental Health Problems

For a bit of background knowledge, I ended up in hospital last March (beginning of lockdown) over mental health disability and when I moved school I had a relapse last November and ended up in NHS care again.
I feel as though the school isn't accepting I'm getting better. Because I am. I have to be. I can't let it get bad again.
The staff are constantly supervising me and I can't move an inch without them panicking . They don't care about whether anyone else is attending extra curricular activities, but no when it comes to me they have to know my exact whereabouts all the time. I can understand them making sure I was ok the few weeks after the relapse, but it's been 6 months now. Like what do they think I'm going to do?
They're making me think and question whether it will get bad again for me. And you know what? It is. but I think that's under influence of the staff at school. I'm furious. Why can't they accept I'm getting better?
I understand this must be frustrating for you, but at least your school obviously care about you and your welfare.
My school refused to take me back after my psych admission and refused to let me sit my GCSE’s and the college I wanted to go to (after I finally sat my GCSE’s a year later) refused to let me into mainstream classes or even onto the premises. I ended up leaving halfway through year 12 because they hadn’t even enrolled me and were teaching me gcse content not A Level content and had no interest in me ever going to the college.
What I’m trying to say, is it may be annoying but they care about you. I never got that, I had all the doors slammed in my face. I suggest that you speak to your parents and have a meeting with your head of year/ mentor about how you are feeling, and see whether they can give you a bit more sense of freedom and independence.

Quick Reply

Latest