JWilson02
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi All, I need some help with where to start with the following 12-marker;

'Examine how outbreaks of disease might be affected by the water cycle'

We looked at river flooding in Bangladesh - would this be useful / what could I write about? Thank You!
archere
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JWilson02)
Hi All, I need some help with where to start with the following 12-marker;

'Examine how outbreaks of disease might be affected by the water cycle'

We looked at river flooding in Bangladesh - would this be useful / what could I write about? Thank You!
Think about waterborne diseases e.g. cholera. Flooding can spread diseases through...
- Contamination of drinking/cooking water sources
- Water spreads bacteria, viruses and parasites
- People are forced to use alternative water sources of their water sources becomes inundated. These water sources may be untreated/unsafe to use
- Flooding in tropical countries can spread malaria with increased water bodies acting as the breeding ground for mosquitoes (malaria vector)
- Flooding may cause sustained power supply issues and lack of electricity. Water treatment plants lose power and water remains unsafe
- Roads may be blocked meaning people are unable to access medical supplies
- Vulnerable people e.g. elderly, children may not be able to cope with flooding and are more likely to become unwell as a result
- Flooding can impact agricultural food supplies. If harvests become unsuccessful food supplies are lower and people may become malnourished (more susceptible to disease!)....In Bangladesh 2.2 million acres of farmland were flooded
- In Bangladesh 100,000 people in Dhaka suffered from diarrhoea which spread extremely fast
Last edited by archere; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (152)
43.93%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (40)
11.56%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.09%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
20.81%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
9.83%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.78%

Watched Threads