The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Barts and The London (QMUL) 2022 Entry Thread

Hi everyone!

My name is Amaya, and I am a medical student at Barts, currently intercalating after 3rd year. This thread is for those who are thinking about applying to Barts this year for 2022 entry. Feel free to ask any questions about Barts, about medicine in general, or about the application process and how to prepare for it!

Amaya.
Intercalation medical student
TSR Student Ambassador

Scroll to see replies

Last year do you know if barts accepted applications from those who sat Oct exams in order to meet the grade requirement. Your website states otherwise but confirmation would be great!
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by Lollipop1to3
Last year do you know if barts accepted applications from those who sat Oct exams in order to meet the grade requirement. Your website states otherwise but confirmation would be great!

Hi!

As far as I'm concerned Barts does not accept re-sits, but I would recommend confirming with the SMD admissions team. You can email them at [email protected].

Best wishes,
Amaya
Intercalating medical student
TSR Student Ambassador.
Reply 3
Hi all,

I just sat my UCAT and was wondering if it would be worth me applying to QMUL, as I have a 2:1 in my degree (chemistry) and am aware that the vast majority of offers are made to candidates with 1st class degrees.

I scored 3000, band 1. Would this be a competitive score with a 2:1 or would this be a waste of a choice?

Thanks in advance
Reply 4
Hi everyone, just wondering if it's worth applying to Barts and if anyone knows how important the sjt is?
thank you :smile:
UCAT: 3020, B3
Predicted: A*A*A*
Reply 5
Hi,

I am applying for A100 medicine and I really want to apply to QMUL.
I received a ucat score of 2650 and band 2. I have a ucas tariff score of 194. I am in the 6th decile.

On the QMUL website, the mid range examples they have are:
Tariff 216 UCAT 2640
Tariff 180 UCAT 2720

I am thinking that my ucat score may not be high enough, especially as people did better this year than last year. Would it be risky applying?

Thank you.
Hi everyone, just wondering if it's worth applying to Barts and if anyone knows how important the sjt is?
thank you
UCAT: 2920, B3
Predicted: A*A*A*A UCAS tariff - 216
Reply 7
Can we apply to barts this year if we applied last year please Can anyone confirm ??
Original post by Jpree34
Can we apply to barts this year if we applied last year please Can anyone confirm ??

im pretty sure i read that you can or at least thats what the medic portal says
https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/choosing-a-medical-school/reapplying-to-medical-school/
Reply 9
Original post by svargasi03
im pretty sure i read that you can or at least thats what the medic portal says
https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/choosing-a-medical-school/reapplying-to-medical-school/

Ok thanks
Reply 10
Hi
I’m a 3rd year biochem student
Predicted grade 2:1
Ucat 2620 band 2
A biology A chemistry B French at alevels

All A stars in GCSEs 10 subjects
Is it risky applying at queens with this ucat score
Thks
Reply 11
Does QMUL count all AS grades for UCAS tariff or only the subject which you do not have A levels?
If I got ucat 2720/band 3 for SJT,Ucas tariff 282,IB predict 42,do I have the chance for get an interview?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 13
Hey Amaya, do you know if BARTS excepts international students for the medicine program? I have a bachelor’s degree from USA.
Hey Amaya,I'm a 3rd year Birmingham medic that's just been granted permission to externally intercalate. Any advice on the application process and do you know how many spaces are typically available?I'm particularly interested in PreHospital medicine.Thanks :smile:
Reply 15
Hi when are they notifying the outcome
Reply 16
Anyone applied for oral health Dental hygiene and therapy?
Reply 17
Original post by Mmwow
Hi when are they notifying the outcome

They said after my interview they'd start sending outcomes mid march
Reply 18
When are they doing the interviews for the oral health course?
Original post by Queen Mary Student Ambassadors
Hi everyone!

My name is Amaya, and I am a medical student at Barts, currently intercalating after 3rd year. This thread is for those who are thinking about applying to Barts this year for 2022 entry. Feel free to ask any questions about Barts, about medicine in general, or about the application process and how to prepare for it!

Amaya.
Intercalation medical student
TSR Student Ambassador

Hi Amaya, Im an international student nd I plan to apply for Cancer and Molecular and Cellular Biology MSc at barts qmul, since the ucas deadline has already passed, I wanted to know frm where can I get information regarding whether applications are still being accepted for this course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending