The Student Room Group

Childcare apprenticeship interview

I have an interview for a nursery apprentice coming up and I was wondering if anyone has any tips.
I've been to three other interviews for an apprenticeship however wasn't successful.
Original post by stephhhhh
I have an interview for a nursery apprentice coming up and I was wondering if anyone has any tips.
I've been to three other interviews for an apprenticeship however wasn't successful.

Hi, firstly many congratulations. I hope your interview will go well. Some of the tips that have helped me are:

1. When asked why the Apprenticeship/Why us/Why this career, it always helps to have some form of chronology in your answer, it makes it easier to remember and flows better. So for instance, my first experience with childcare was voluntary work at X or when I studied it I thoroughly enjoyed my course which combined practicality and theory etc.

That sort of structure can then be used to ask why them, so why were you first drawn to the apprenticeship and the company? What makes you want to work there?

Lastly, it really helps to keep a few bullet points of the points you wish to mention once you’ve refined them.

Don’t feel afraid to reach out to friends and family too to practice, remember that you don’t have to be perfection, interviewers will allow for the occasional slip up, it’s just how you pick yourself up. Remember that the interviewer wants to be able to hire you, they aren’t looking to make you fail. Best of luck again! And I hope this helps, if you have any questions I’ll be happy to answer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending