The Student Room Group

Retaking Year 12

Hi, I could really use some advice on the situation I'm in at the moment. I started year 12 back in August and everything was going okay until October when my health got really bad and I had to take 3 months off to recover (I didn't get a choice in this). I returned sooner than I should have because I was worried they would make me retake the year if I was gone any longer. When I came back I really struggled with everything which led me to hate school and start looking for other options. I started an apprenticeship in childcare and left sixth form but I absolutely hate this apprenticeship and it is making me miserable. Now I want to return to school but I most likely will have to retake the year - which is the thing I was trying to avoid the whole time. So now I'm not sure what to do: endure the apprenticeship, see if they will accept me back, or just retake year 12 no matter how embarrassing it is. Please help.
Reply 1
there’s nothing embarrassing about retaking year 12! it’s a scary thing to go back into school, but i know lots of people who retook y12, some 2-3 times across different schools/colleges, and no one ever had an issue with it :smile:. if it’s what you want to do, go for it!
Reply 2
Original post by sucrosium
Hi, I could really use some advice on the situation I'm in at the moment. I started year 12 back in August and everything was going okay until October when my health got really bad and I had to take 3 months off to recover (I didn't get a choice in this). I returned sooner than I should have because I was worried they would make me retake the year if I was gone any longer. When I came back I really struggled with everything which led me to hate school and start looking for other options. I started an apprenticeship in childcare and left sixth form but I absolutely hate this apprenticeship and it is making me miserable. Now I want to return to school but I most likely will have to retake the year - which is the thing I was trying to avoid the whole time. So now I'm not sure what to do: endure the apprenticeship, see if they will accept me back, or just retake year 12 no matter how embarrassing it is. Please help.

if u really wanna retake year 12, retake it, i dont think its embarrassing at all- it just shows you value and prioritise your education.

Quick Reply

Latest