The Student Room Group

Queries regarding student visa application

Hi all, I am confused about a few questions on the Visa application form. Some of these might be silly, but I am really anxious and do not wish to mess this up. Any help is extremely appreciated!

(Q1) Have you provided evidence of your English language ability in a previous application?
You must have provided evidence that you either:
scored level B1, B2, C1 or C2 ........
(My Query) My university confirmed my competence in English language through CAS based on my TOEFL marks. I did not write IELTS. Should this question be answered as 'Yes' or 'No'?

(Q2) Have you or your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) already paid any of your course fees? (Required)
Please select No if your course does not have a fee.
[ ] Yes or [ ] No
How much has been paid? (Required)
Amount £ ____
How can you prove this amount has been paid? (Required)
[ ] My sponsor has confirmed this information on my CAS
[ ] Through receipts

(My query) - My CAS email states that I have to pay £0. Should I mark this as No directly, OR should I select Yes first, then mention £0 and then mention that this has been confirmed by the sponsor on my CAS?

(Q3) You must show that you have enough money to cover your course fees and living costs. Read the guidance document to find out how much money you need to show and what documents you can use as evidence.
Are all of the maintenance funds required for this application in a bank account with your name on it?
[ ] Yes or [ ] No

(My Query) As my institute would be covering this, should this then be answered as Yes or No?
Original post by lordparthurnaax
Hi all, I am confused about a few questions on the Visa application form. Some of these might be silly, but I am really anxious and do not wish to mess this up. Any help is extremely appreciated!

(Q1) Have you provided evidence of your English language ability in a previous application?
You must have provided evidence that you either:
scored level B1, B2, C1 or C2 ........
(My Query) My university confirmed my competence in English language through CAS based on my TOEFL marks. I did not write IELTS. Should this question be answered as 'Yes' or 'No'?

(Q2) Have you or your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) already paid any of your course fees? (Required)
Please select No if your course does not have a fee.
[ ] Yes or [ ] No
How much has been paid? (Required)
Amount £ ____
How can you prove this amount has been paid? (Required)
[ ] My sponsor has confirmed this information on my CAS
[ ] Through receipts

(My query) - My CAS email states that I have to pay £0. Should I mark this as No directly, OR should I select Yes first, then mention £0 and then mention that this has been confirmed by the sponsor on my CAS?

(Q3) You must show that you have enough money to cover your course fees and living costs. Read the guidance document to find out how much money you need to show and what documents you can use as evidence.
Are all of the maintenance funds required for this application in a bank account with your name on it?
[ ] Yes or [ ] No

(My Query) As my institute would be covering this, should this then be answered as Yes or No?

Hi, these are really good questions, and I feel like I will have to face them too since my sponsor will be covering for my tuition and living expenses. Have you gotten any answers to these queries?
Original post by Inter-Student
Hi, these are really good questions, and I feel like I will have to face them too since my sponsor will be covering for my tuition and living expenses. Have you gotten any answers to these queries?

Hey, please find below the responses sent by my University immigration team.

(1) The question is asking have you submitted evidence of your English language level in a previous UK visa application, if you have not, you should answer ‘No’.

Since your sponsor is paying your tuition and maintenance-

(2) You should answer ‘No’ as you are not paying for your tuition fees, then enter £0 and select ‘My sponsor has confirmed this information on my CAS’

(3) You should answer ‘No’ as your bursary is not currently in your bank account, you should submit your letter from the Doctoral College regarding your bursary/studentship as evidence.

Hope you find these useful. Feel free to reach out if you have any queries :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest