The Student Room Group

visa/immigration query

My aunt (from Egypt) got married to a British citizen and moved to the UK in 2021, on what I believe to be a family/spouse visa. Her husband recently got sick and so hasn't been able to help her with the whole visa renewal process (which is due to expire within the next couple of months). As a result, she has asked me to help, but I don't know a thing about immigration/visas. If someone could explain the whole process, costs, names of visas and stuff (like what on earth is leave to remain?) that would be swell. Cheers
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
My aunt (from Egypt) got married to a British citizen and moved to the UK in 2021, on what I believe to be a family/spouse visa. Her husband recently got sick and so hasn't been able to help her with the whole visa renewal process (which is due to expire within the next couple of months). As a result, she has asked me to help, but I don't know a thing about immigration/visas. If someone could explain the whole process, costs, names of visas and stuff (like what on earth is leave to remain?) that would be swell. Cheers

You can find some information on the gov.uk web site. But you need to be getting advice from people qualified and authorised to give it, not asking for it on a forum aimed at students.

Regarding "leave to remain" -- in this case "leave" is a noun, meaning "permission".
Reply 2
Basically you need to be be white, otherwise you won’t get accepted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending