The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
The Strangest Quark
Well, my 22" one I got a couple of months ago, and I've been wearing it for a couple of hours a day whenever I have time, only as tight as is comfortable to get used to it, as my eventual aim is to be able to wear it comfortably for an evening clubbing, and be able to dance in it. I usually lace it just tight enough to stay on and leave it like that for about 15 minutes and then keep easing it a little tighter, and keep it on for a few hours, but loosen it if it starts to get uncomfortable (this one presses on my ribs a bit more than I'd like at the top). When I first got it I was a bit eager to try it on and laced it up quite quickly quite tightly which is when I was a bit achey in my lower back the next day - since then I've gone a lot slower, and I'm not forcing it at all - I'm now getting it within an inch of closed without much discomfort. It is a lot better on an empty stomach, unsurprisingly. And every time it goes a bit tighter a bit easier. But i think that it is much better in the long run not to rush it, and not to do anything that is overly uncomfortable. Patience and practice and all that.

To be honest, they can get quite uncomfortable after a couple of hours regardless of tightness - I've had a 26" victorian style one for ages and even that gets uncomfortable after a night of wearing it. I think it's more about the fit than the size per se in that case, and the posture.

I think you may be onto somthing with fit. Sarah's 2nd corset which is 20" she finds easier to wear, even at 20" and i think that's because the shape is better for her. On a couple of ocassions she has worn that one at 20" from mid morning to very late at night so 16+ hours. This new one i think suits her less. It is longer in the body as well. When I tighten it I feel as though I have to pull the laces much more on the new one than the 20" one. I think the new one effects her breathing alot, but she says it doesnt. She always seems to go in 2 or 3 steps lacing tighter rather than lots of lttle ones - perhaps I should encourage smaller steps.

Can you lace your own corset or do you need someone to do it for you? Do you wear anything under your corset?
Reply 21
La Trampa
6 inches isn't bod mod at all people. people who exercise and lose 6inches off their body aren't bodmods are they?

when people put on corsets, they don't just tighten it by 6 inches...the body has to adjust, then slowly they decrease the gap. for some it's 20mins, for others it's 2 hours, for others it can take years...again depending on how squishy they are. if she can fully close her 4 22inch corset, then obviously it'll take less time for her to get into her 18 inch one. The thing is, after wearing corset for a long time, it does help reduce the waist, not because of the corset pushing the ribs, but because of the things the person does whilst wearing the corset..so they eat less when wearing it, they stand up striaght increasing good posture, they lose a bit of fat.

if she was wearing it 24/7 that's when you should be worried because that would be in the realms of bod mod. for anyone who wears corsets, they know they can get a bit uncomfortable. i'm sure your gf knows that after every tightening it's going to be a bit uncomfortable because the body has to adjust..it's like wearing shoes a size smaller. she will have no doubt learnt she has to take it easy and won't go as tight next time. i'd also like to point out that although she might have an 18 inch corset,there's every chance that she might not be able to close it fully, just for physical reasons. i would be worried when she begins to 'force' herself to get it fully closed, i.e. when it becomes an issue for her. also finally on the uncomfortable thing, if you see that clearly her tightening the corset is after heR breathing or something, then i suggest you loosen it or make her loosen it. If she's just uncomfortable that it's tight and she can still get on her normal stuff, then she's ok..again it's like wearing something a size smaller, it'll be uncomfortable but it's not deadly.

another thing, just because it wasn't made to her exact measurements, it's still a proper corset, because all the expensive ones use real boning and are slightly 'made to measure' when compared to off the peg corsets.. you may never know though, she might have sent her measurements off to where ever she got it from.

It does just worry me a tad that she does have this thing about getting to wear it closed. She was the same with the 20" one. She wasn't happy until she could wear it fully closed. I'm just not so sure its physically possible at 18". I feel a bit pressured as well because she is getting me to lace her tighter and but on the other hand perhaps I should be moderating things. I guess thing's will sort out, we have been goin out for a couple of years now so we know each other well enuf.
If you're worried, you should be speaking to her, and addressing your concerns with her.
I doubt she's doing it as a bodmod, I think she might have other issues with size.
emt123
I think you may be onto somthing with fit. Sarah's 2nd corset which is 20" she finds easier to wear, even at 20" and i think that's because the shape is better for her. On a couple of ocassions she has worn that one at 20" from mid morning to very late at night so 16+ hours. This new one i think suits her less. It is longer in the body as well. When I tighten it I feel as though I have to pull the laces much more on the new one than the 20" one. I think the new one effects her breathing alot, but she says it doesnt. She always seems to go in 2 or 3 steps lacing tighter rather than lots of lttle ones - perhaps I should encourage smaller steps.

Can you lace your own corset or do you need someone to do it for you? Do you wear anything under your corset?

I can lace my own corsets (if they are the sort that is laced up from the bottom and down from the top with the laces meeting in the middle, then it is quite easy), and usually wear a shirt or vest underneath (one of mine is underbust so I can't really go out in it without something underneath, and also the vest can be washed, whereas the corset can't). The shape of the corset does make a lot of difference. My 22 inch one is a lot more comfortable almost fully laced than my 26 inch one is, probably because the 26" one is made for somebody with a much shorter torso than me so it presses in the wrong places. And there is a huge amount of variation between different styles too even when they do fit properly.

I don't think you need to worry too much about your girlfriend, but encouraging her to take it slowly is probably a good idea, and finding out why it is she's so determined to get into the smaller corset, and at what point she wants to stop, if any! They can get a bit addictive - I have mine on at the moment and it is quite a comforting feeling, kind of like a tight leathery hug.
Reply 24
The Strangest Quark
I can lace my own corsets (if they are the sort that is laced up from the bottom and down from the top with the laces meeting in the middle, then it is quite easy), and usually wear a shirt or vest underneath (one of mine is underbust so I can't really go out in it without something underneath, and also the vest can be washed, whereas the corset can't). The shape of the corset does make a lot of difference. My 22 inch one is a lot more comfortable almost fully laced than my 26 inch one is, probably because the 26" one is made for somebody with a much shorter torso than me so it presses in the wrong places. And there is a huge amount of variation between different styles too even when they do fit properly.

I don't think you need to worry too much about your girlfriend, but encouraging her to take it slowly is probably a good idea, and finding out why it is she's so determined to get into the smaller corset, and at what point she wants to stop, if any! They can get a bit addictive - I have mine on at the moment and it is quite a comforting feeling, kind of like a tight leathery hug.

I wish she'd get the idea she has to take it more slowly - but she doesnt. To night she has worn the new corset and has got me to lace it as tight as she can stand it in just 3 goes over 4 hours. She's got to about 19" tonight i reckon and i was really having to pull hard on the laces. She looked as though she was really struggling with it and was in quite some discomfort but she still wanted to try.
Reply 25
I dunno what to think of this...I'm postin it here as I know there are a couple of girls who wear corsets on here from the last thread i put up..

My girlfriend today got me to lace her corset to 18"...she's been trying to get it down to that over the last couple of week's but hasn't managed to get past 19". Today she's worn it most of the day laced to 20" and then tonite basically has really gone for it and basically made me lace her as hard as I can...

It was clearly really uncomfortable for her but she just really got onto me big time to do it and go for it.

I know its upto her but I really am strugglin to get to the bottom of this and get my head round it.

Any ideas?

I know I put a post a few days ago but this is doin my head in at the mo...
Reply 26
Eeeek why would she want to torture herself like that!? :eek:
Does she still live in the 19th century or something? :s-smilie:

Does she also get you to bring in a chamber pot for her in the mornings?
Reply 28
Does she eat okay?
How big is her waist naturally?

Also, it sounds like she has self esteem issues, maybe instead of allowing her to wear the corset so tightly, maybe tell her if she wants to get slimmer she should exercise or something, so that's she's dealing with it, but not causing herself pain.. Just a suggestion
Reply 30
Is she a tight lacer?
Reply 31
I quite like corsets...never got past 21" though...18" is scary. Not normal. Ohhh even the thought of the squishing makes me feel queasy :s-smilie:
Reply 32
ouch, i find tight fitting bras uncomfortable!!!, i have no idea why you would do it, maybe tell her you think shes beautiful with an uncorseted waist line,
Reply 33
addictive1123
How big is her waist naturally?

Also, it sounds like she has self esteem issues, maybe instead of allowing her to wear the corset so tightly, maybe tell her if she wants to get slimmer she should exercise or something, so that's she's dealing with it, but not causing herself pain.. Just a suggestion

she is naturally 24" to 25" waist

she is sporty, has a great figure. Certainly would have said she's got self esteem issues.
18" isn't too bad. What is it naturally?
Wow 25 inch down to 18 is a big jump.
Reply 36
That's not right.

She could really damage herself doing that, you need to try and get her to stop.
I remember your previous thread, have you not spoke to her about it and not mentioned it? I've never wore corsets myself but I remember some other members posting and being quite shocked at the 18" thing?
Yes, I agree, it's a big jump to get down to a 18" waist from a 25" one.. For me that'd be much easier cos mine's only 21" but she shouldn't be doing that to herself, maybe talk to her about it, or get someone else to discuss it with her if she doesn't feel she's able to open up to you.. (not a reflection on your relationship, just sometiems it's easier to open up when you're not that close to a person)
I nearly suffocated as soon as I read the thread title!
If you're not comfortable with inflicting pain on her, then don't!! Just tell her how you feel. 7 inches is a huge, huge amount!
Tell her you like her figure as it is naturally, just keep reassuring her and hopefully she'll change her ways.

Latest