The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA RS (religious studies)

I’m in year 10 and next year im going to take my RS paper out of school as my school didn’t provide that option when I picked my GCSEs in year 8. I’m going to pick Islam and Christianity. Any tips on RS - as im starting from scratch. Any websites or books?
Thanks for your help
You may considering, when it comes to Christianity, buying books written Richard Bauckham, Bart Ehrman, John Walton, and the former Pope Benedict XVI.
Original post by stressedhoe
I’m in year 10 and next year im going to take my RS paper out of school as my school didn’t provide that option when I picked my GCSEs in year 8. I’m going to pick Islam and Christianity. Any tips on RS - as im starting from scratch. Any websites or books?
Thanks for your help

Use lots of source of authority 'quotes / evidences form popes or the Quran or the Bible. just evidence --
, to back up questions
dont forget the influence e.g- this influences Christians and Muslims to ''do something'' --- and give to charity based on teachings in the Quoran and BiBle....so on// (how scripture of something influences these religious believers live)
e.g Jesus said ''do this in remembrance of me'' at the last supper therefore Christians are influenced to do the Euchrist and communion at Church to celebrate that Jesus had washed his deciples feet and served others.

-5marker:
up to 2 points for your question depends- 1 paragraph.
source of Authority
Influence/analyse

8 marker -2points - for each paragraph(x2 paragraphs)
-source of Authority
-Analysis
influence

15 markers-
2-3 paragraphs with a range of points ( after each paragraph state if it is a weak or strong argument
you need to include alternative view points e.g one viewpoint on Christian and the Other on Muslims// you need to incluse different perspectives

-source of Authority
- influence
-Analysis
- Judgement/evaluation = here you need to wrap up your argument e.g I believe that overall the argument that the Muslims have placed forwards is important/stands out ... you need to include 'i' it means you have to evaluate/
Reply 3
As someone also taking it, I don't think the above post is about the AQA exam, although no doubt it's similar. The questions asked are quite formulaic - there's quite a lot of "give two contrasting beliefs about..." questions so when making notes about the subject, make sure you know about opposing beliefs by people of a religion.

In terms of resources, BBC Bitesize is often invaluable but the best stuff is the study guides (both the one published by CGP and OUP) - the one published by OUP is particularly good for its questions on each topic. Have fun with it! And perhaps we could talk again in future about it... I'm doing Christianity and Buddhism.
Original post by stressedhoe
Thanks for your help

if i remember correctly aqa rs consists of a 1 marker , 2 marker , 4 marker, 5 marker, 12 marker per section
the most successful structure to answer the questions are as follows:
4 marker :
(POINT EXPLAIN) x2 AKA (PEPE)x2
5 marker:
[POINT EVIDENCE EXPLAIN. POINT EXPLAIN AKA (PEEPE)] <THIS WORKS like use this even if ur teacher said otherwise like it works everytime
12 marker:
[POINT EVIDENCE EXPLAIN. REBUTTAL(Point against the statement/ the opposite of ur first point) EVIDENCE EXPLAIN] and then CONCLUSION x2 AKA PEEREE+C x2
If ur fast enough u can do 3 PEEREEs and a CONCLUSION but 2 and a conclusion can still get u full marks
IN SUMMARY
4 marker = PEPE
5 marker = PEEPE
12 marker = PEEREE PEEREE C
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending