The Student Room Group

Bored of Guitar

Hi all,

I have achieved grade 8 on drums and guitar. My problem is that I feel like I have so much more freedom on the drums in comparison to the guitar, which is leading me to get unbelievably bored when playing the guitar. I feel like I'm completely stuck, whereas with drums I feel like I'm progressing at a fast pace??

Have any guitarists got any advice for me to enjoy guitar again? Is there some particular thing that got you hooked on playing the guitar?

Thanks.
I enjoy learning the content from Guitar Techniques, front to back. Gives you a chance to constantly improve your repertoire of styles and provides new challenges.It can also introduce you to new players when you come across a new style or technique. Treat yourself to a new guitar, amp or new pickups as well. It can surprisingly inspire you. I also enjoy listening to instrumental players that use the guitar as their voice. Inspires me to write vocal lines and improves my phrasing.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by NovaeSci
I enjoy learning the content from Guitar Techniques, front to back. Gives you a chance to constantly improve your repertoire of styles and provides new challenges.It can also introduce you to new players when you come across a new style or technique. Treat yourself to a new guitar, amp or new pickups as well. It can surprisingly inspire you. I also enjoy listening to instrumental players that use the guitar as their voice. Inspires me to write vocal lines and improves my phrasing.

Wow thank you that’s a great suggestion, I’ll definitely have a look in to that! Is Guitar Techniques a book?
guitar techniques is a monthly magazine. Its Total Guitars sister magazine. Unlike Total Guitar which is more beginner friendly, Guitar Techniques focusses mainly on different styles and features each month. It's more virtuoso guest guitarists. It's a really good magazine.
Original post by NovaeSci
guitar techniques is a monthly magazine. Its Total Guitars sister magazine. Unlike Total Guitar which is more beginner friendly, Guitar Techniques focusses mainly on different styles and features each month. It's more virtuoso guest guitarists. It's a really good magazine.

Okay cheers bud, I’ll have a proper look in to that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending