The Student Room Group

Medicine without Biology A level

hi, im wanting to study medicine and am planning to take a keveks in chemistry maths and another subject. possibly computer science. i am looking into studying biology however after looking at medical school requiremnts i see that quite a few ask for chemistry OR biology and another "science" such as maths. my question to you is, would not studying biology seriously decrease my options of gatting into medicine. aslo, my GCSE grades are predicted to be average with around all 6 and 7s so im looking into applying to schools whcih only require you to meet the GCSE thresdhold and dont rank you by GCSE. thanks
Original post by free_dom_for
hi, im wanting to study medicine and am planning to take a keveks in chemistry maths and another subject. possibly computer science. i am looking into studying biology however after looking at medical school requiremnts i see that quite a few ask for chemistry OR biology and another "science" such as maths. my question to you is, would not studying biology seriously decrease my options of gatting into medicine. aslo, my GCSE grades are predicted to be average with around all 6 and 7s so im looking into applying to schools whcih only require you to meet the GCSE thresdhold and dont rank you by GCSE. thanks

Not doing it restricts your choices - this could be a problem if your choices are already restricted due to GCSEs.

What is the advantage to not doing biology if you know you want to do medicine?
Original post by Democracy
Not doing it restricts your choices - this could be a problem if your choices are already restricted due to GCSEs.

What is the advantage to not doing biology if you know you want to do medicine?

this is a lazy answer, but i absolutely detested plant biology during gcse although i loved learning about the human aspects.
Original post by free_dom_for
this is a lazy answer, but i absolutely detested plant biology during gcse although i loved learning about the human aspects.

Lol, honestly I would say just grit your teeth and do it. There will be aspects of medicine you will also not enjoy, that's life I'm afraid :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending