The Student Room Group

University of Bristol A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

What time did the offer come through?
Original post by Sriley35
I just got an offer. I thought my interview went badly but apparently I’m a bad judge of interviews. My interview was on the 23rd of February.

Good luck to everyone still waiting :smile:

Congrats!! What time did it come through?
Original post by xxxhazalxxx1
What time did the offer come through?

Mine came through at 5:02 on ucas
Interview 7th Feb, non contextual and not put on hold yet. Anyone else the same? Year 13 applicant
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by randomuser354
Congrats!! What time did it come through?

Thankyou!! It came through at 17:04
hmmm it seems like all the offers in this first batch is contextual or unconditional...? and congrats to everyone who got an offer~
Not me going to constantly check my emails at 17.00 on Fridays now 🤭
I just got an offer. I thought my interview went badly but apparently I’m a bad judge of interviews. My interview was on the 23rd of February.

Good luck to everyone still waiting :smile:

Ayyy congrats!! :smile:
Original post by crestbreak
hmmm it seems like all the offers in this first batch is contextual or unconditional...? and congrats to everyone who got an offer~

They don’t do batches. The way Bristol do it is in a rolling basis. When you do your interview they will either waitlist you or give you on offer if your score is high enough to mean it’s very unlikely enough people will score higher than you and you get rejected. Then once they have done all the interviews they will invite the next highest scoring candidates.

This is with insider knowledge, I wouldn’t have figured it out from just the student room.
My daughter got an offer this evening, she had her interview 12th Jan and was up on hold at the beginning of February. She got a contextual offer of AAB because of her school which was a surprise to her! It would have been ABB but she got a B in chemistry last year so she has to resit this in the summer as they require an A in chemistry for contextual offers. Well done everyone who got offers today and hang on in there those on hold. X
Last year did they give out offers every Friday or was it throughout the entire week? Congrats to all offer holders!
Original post by alexandraeylul
interview on 10/01 and put on hold on 22/02. havent heard anything back afterwards. at this point, i think they just lost my application 🤷🏻.

I’m in the same boat (int 12/01)
Last year it was throughout the week, Monday to Friday
Original post by deasarah
omg well done! ABB they must have really liked u!! are you a standard home applicant? UCAS can’t have made a mistake - there might be a delay in Bristol emailing you. good luck!! I’m still on hold, not expecting much as bristol was my worst interview 🤷🏻*♀️

Yep home applicant, think the lower offer might be cos of my polar quintile. Thank youuu just hope they don’t pull a last min “sike u rlly thought” on me lol

Good luck to you too!!
Original post by caitlinmeadwell
I’m the same! I think they might send the emails after ucas as I think a few people had the same thing happen to them, congrats tho!!

Congrats to u too!!! Fingers crossed those emails come through soon :smile:
They don’t do batches. The way Bristol do it is in a rolling basis. When you do your interview they will either waitlist you or give you on offer if your score is high enough to mean it’s very unlikely enough people will score higher than you and you get rejected. Then once they have done all the interviews they will invite the next highest scoring candidates.

This is with insider knowledge, I wouldn’t have figured it out from just the student room.

So how come people have already got rejections and aren’t just simply on hold?
Original post by Therealdeans
So how come people have already got rejections and aren’t just simply on hold?

This is the way I see it, just my own theory tho. For example, say they have 200 offers left to give out, and have to reply to 500 interviewed people and decide whether to invite more. The bottom 300 in that list would be a rejection no matter how good the new people invited score, because if the new people score below the bottom 300 they'd be rejected anyway (and the old people wouldn't be bumped up to the top 200 no matter what). If the new people score better than the top 200 then they would displace people that were in the top 200 originally, and the people that get displaced would be rejected. I think that makes sense?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1197
has Bristol given any offers that are not contextual or re-applicants yet?
Original post by filmout
The way I see it- say they have 200 offers left to give out, and have to reply to 500 interviewed people and decide whether to invite more. The bottom 300 in that list would be a rejection no matter how good the new people invited score, because if the new people score below the bottom 300 they'd be rejected anyway (and the old people wouldn't be bumped up to the top 200 no matter what). If the new people score better than the top 200 then they would displace people that were in the top 200 originally, and the people that get displaced would be rejected. I think that makes sense?

Interviews have already concluded and decisions have begun being made. I don’t believe anyone else will be invited to interview
Original post by IBkidinthecorner
I’m in the same boat (int 12/01)

Interview Jan 26, on hold Feb 10, no news. Gah, wish there were some relatively clear pattern on how/why/when they put people on hold. Not that it matters really I guess, but it might give a clearer indication whether you are likely to get an offer? Anyway this wait is just the worst. Let's all hold tight and hope for the best! Congrats to the offer holders!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending